• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 pack cigars wrapped in plastic

jzzmusician

Hi!!!

This is my first post and just so you know, I've looked for this topic and haven't found anything.

I've got a bunch of cigars, (200-300) that I bought as 5 or 10 packs. The cigars are wrapped in cellophane and then wrapped as a 5 pack in plastic wrap.

The question I have is whether the plastic wrap is okay. It would be a real pain to have so many loose cigars, but even more of a pain to ruin them.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Sorry everybody. I'm a chump. I just discovered that the 5 and 10 packs are in fact, wrapped in cellophane.

- Bob

If you plan on storing those cigars for any amount of time, I would suggest getting a humidor. This don’t have to be some fancy humidor, can be a cooler or a large Tupperware container with a proper seal and something for humidification ( for example Boveda packs). The cellophane shouldn’t be an issue, though I would suggest separating for airflow/humidification reasons.

Funky,

I have two wine coolers that I use as humidors. We have naturally low humidity, (20-40%) and the humidors are in the basement which is below ground. The temp never gets about 70 degrees and is usually around 68. The cooler don't work and were purchased for parts only. I got a screaming deal, 39 bucks including shipping for each one. I put in a Cigar Oasis in each one, some Spanish cedar planks and they work great.

Thank you for your info.

- Bob

👍🏻Sounds like u got it figured out

20% bet those 🔥 like a mother 😉

I neglected to say that with the Cigar Oasis units installed the humidity stays at a constant 68-69%. If I could find another broken wine cooler I'd buy one. They work great!