• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 Vegas Miami

SewerRanger

Well, here goes my first review. I got this little gem from a monthly cigar club that I joined from Cigar Internationals website. I've been hooked every since. Some of the basics:

Ring Gauge: as stated before 50
Length: 5.0" my favorite length.
Filler: Blend of Cuban-seed Nicaraguan and Cuban-seed Dominican
Binder: Nicaraguan (straight off there website)
Wrapper/Color: The wrapper was a pleasant brownish tan color. It was a corojo wrapper.

This gem has been produced in the Miami area for quite some time now by Don Pepin Garcia. It was only recently that it was unleashed on the wild masses. The cigar light up fine with a nice peppery smell. The ash was a light white color. The immediate taste was a nice mild earth and pepper flavor. As I smoked the cigar, slowly but surely a distinct leather flavor developed and the ash got a bit darker (I've never really noticed that before in any cigar). About a quarter of the way in, the cigar had developed a full flavor of earth and leather, with a nice spice note on the end of each puff. It burned pretty consistently with a nice tight draw. The last quarter of the cigar mellowed a little bit but the spice really picked up. You could say that it was at the back of the palette until this point, when it came charged straight ahead, yelling for attention. Overall it was a fantastic cigar.

I just smoked two 5 Vegas last week and really enjoyed them. Good review

I've smoked a half dozen fo these. I find them to be hit and miss when it comes to flavor. YMMV.

I've not noticed a big difference in the flavors between cigars. Are you talking from different years or from cigar to cigar from the same box?

I've wanted to try these, but seem to keep missing out on the specials.

You should be able to get 5 packs for $15-20 from cigarbid. They're ok and good for a change of pace.

Right now the "quick buy" price on CBID is $17.50 for the Toro's for a 5'ver

I've not noticed a big difference in the flavors between cigars. Are you talking from different years or from cigar to cigar from the same box?

Different sizes, actually. I've smoked a couple each of the churchills, coronas and minutos (?). They all tasted different -- not even like similar blends, at least to me. The coronas were kind of blah, the chuchills were good and the smaller ones were pretty good.

Just a heads up for those that seemed to be interested in this cigar. Joecigar has them today at 10 for $30. Seems like a good price to try them out. I'm not affiliated, just passing on the news. :)

Would this be a good golf course cigar? It wasn't mentioned in the below article I found. I'm looking for good golf course cigars.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4346-Cigar-Examiner

Now you're just plain pissing me off. :angry:

You've hijacked every thread you've posted in since you signed up trying to shill some lame-assed blog. :rolleyes:

Are you that Andy Williams guy? I wouldn't admit to that though if I were you....

How are your Macanoodles smoking these days? :laugh:

Fuggen asshat.....

EDIT:

LMFAO! :laugh: I see Maduro Scotty already found out about you before I did, he posted a comment to your pathetic article:

Maduro Scotty: Wow you smoke $hitty cigars. The writer of this article obviously knows nothing about cigars and is nothing but a spammer.
February 28, 6:54 AM

Andy, you're done here and on all other real cigar boards as well. The asshat boards will welcome your sorry ass though with open arms so Dif-tor heh smusma:
live_long_and_prosper.jpg

just not here though, okay?

Awww, Andy deleted Maduro Scotty's post from his blog.

Oh wait, here's another one in response to "Carl" who's too stupid to wash his golf pants:

Maduro Scotty: Hey Carl, did you try washing your pants? That way you can get rid of the cigar smell and the skid marks!
February 28, 8:08 AM

Ya better get rid of that one too Andy! :laugh:

Hey, whaddaya know, good old Andy is from KC. Geez makes me so proud. I wonder if he would like to meet up for a smoke and hang out sometime. Probably not as I'm all fresh out of Macanudos and Edge Lites. Oh well. Andy, I mean, thefanjestic, PM me and let's hook up some time. :rolleyes:

I've only had one 5 Vegas (the "A") and for the price I really don't think you can go wrong with it. I'll have to get my hands on some other 5 Vegas to see what their other lines are like.

I've only had one 5 Vegas (the "A") and for the price I really don't think you can go wrong with it. I'll have to get my hands on some other 5 Vegas to see what their other lines are like.
The "A" is my favorite of there selections, but the others are really good too.

Just a heads up for those that seemed to be interested in this cigar. Joecigar has them today at 10 for $30. Seems like a good price to try them out. I'm not affiliated, just passing on the news. :)

Looked like a good deal. Was thinking about jumping on it but I passed.

5 Vegas Miami is one of my favorites for sure. I always have some of these on hand, and turn to them often. Great deals can be found on the CI site, or the cigarbid site.

Can't go wrong with them.