• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 vs 10 vs 15 count Travel Humidors

Okay, so here's my new plan! My wife is headed to the States this week -- maybe I'll just have her buy me a 15 count Cigar Caddy from a local B&M and fill it up with goodies and then mail it to me? :cool:

Okay, so here's my new plan! My wife is headed to the States this week -- maybe I'll just have her buy me a 15 count Cigar Caddy from a local B&M and fill it up with goodies and then mail it to me? :cool:

There You Go . . . . . . .sounds like a plan!

I bought the 5-er to keep some in the truck for any 'after work' herfs. BARELY FITS THE BILL

I'm now reading up on converting a 30-cal ammo can. May not be recommended for air travel, but should have room enough for me and my friends.

'da Kid

I have two 'Le Tube' 3 counts and a Cigar Caddy 15 count.
That gives me flexibility, and 21 total for vacation.

I use one Le Tube in my golf bag, the other is used for
other occasions, like ballgames, picnics, etc. I take
both Le Tubes when I want to gift a few, and still carry 3.

The 15 count goes to local herfs, weekend trips, etc.

IMHO get a 15 or 30 count. You can always use it for
temporary, overflow storage, too.

Chemyst :cool:

Well, since I don't know a good stick from a hole in the ground, I couldn't very well give my wife instructions on what to buy and send to me, so I abandoned that idea and ordered a 5 & 15 count Cigar Caddy online.

After seeing a couple of 3 count cases and a 5 count Herfador last weekend, I'm now wishing I'd have gone the 3 finger & 15 Caddy route. I already regret what I bought and it's still in the mail! :D

I can see how this hobby is going to escalate. I already need a bigger humidor...

I had the 15 count one. I was using my 200 to 300 stick desk top humidor for traveling. Needless to say its to damn heavy so I picked up the 15 count. Lets just
say that covers 2 to 3 days of smoking. So when I decided to travel to Russia for 2 months, I upgraded to a better Travel humidor. Again, it wasn't enough for the time I spent in Russia. So now I need to upgrade once again and this time it will be a 50 to 100 stick travel humidor. Now with all the crazy arse restrictions the Airlines have done lately, I haven't a clue what I will do if I go on a year trip of Russia, Europe and Eastern Europe. :(

I have a 5 and a 15 count. Depending on the length/size of certain sticks, you can fit more or less in each one. I got the 5 because I wanted something small to toss in the car with me on occasions like bowling or golfing or something and it was cheap. Then there was deal on a 15 I couldn't pass up, so I got that as well. If I am going for a week vacation, the 15 usually does me just fine. If a day or so I bring the 5. Anything more than a week, I'd probably bring the 5, 15, and the 3 finger leather...ymmv.

I find the 15 to be the most versatile. It's about twice the size of a 5, but holds 3x the sticks.

However, you always want to go bigger. I've been wanting a 30+, but always keep spending my money on sticks.

I picked up a 15ct Cigar Caddy for $21 and couldn't be happier with this little fun box.

I had the 15 count one. I was using my 200 to 300 stick desk top humidor for traveling. Needless to say its to damn heavy so I picked up the 15 count. Lets just
say that covers 2 to 3 days of smoking. So when I decided to travel to Russia for 2 months, I upgraded to a better Travel humidor. Again, it wasn't enough for the time I spent in Russia. So now I need to upgrade once again and this time it will be a 50 to 100 stick travel humidor. Now with all the crazy arse restrictions the Airlines have done lately, I haven't a clue what I will do if I go on a year trip of Russia, Europe and Eastern Europe. :(

A Pelican 1490 case should do you just fine for the 50-100ct capacity. They can also custom cut the foam to match the pre-cut inserts for a clean and organized interior. I can see 2 50ct cutout tray fitting nicely in that case!

Foam%20Travel%20Humidor%20Trays%20Kit.JPG

1490.jpg

Pelican 1490 Briefcase

On a travel but not quite humidor related note. If your wife is taking a trip to the states and you want her to pick up some smokes, let us all know where she will be. If you are not sure I am sure there are members in pretty much every place she would be that would happily help her out for you :thumbs:

On a travel but not quite humidor related note. If your wife is taking a trip to the states and you want her to pick up some smokes, let us all know where she will be. If you are not sure I am sure there are members in pretty much every place she would be that would happily help her out for you :thumbs:

That is a very generous offer! Unfortunately, she's on her way back to Japan -- provided she can find a flight with an empty seat.