• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

$50 donations for diamond crown and opus X

collegestu

I stopped into my local B&M for an event they were promoting. It turns out that they received a shipment from Fuente for donations. The way it works is that for a 50 dollar donation, you receive a coffin box of an opus X and a dimond crown. There are in limited quantity and the funds go to helping children in equdor (I think).

Is this a good buy? I am not familar with the diamond crown and I know the opus runs about 25 a stick. the coffin is seal but Im guessing it is about a 6-7 inch smoke.

It's called Toast Accross America cigar set to benifit the Fuente Foundation. They are worth it since the money actualy goes to a good cause.

I dont quite understand. I looked for the event near me and nothing is listed for california. Whats the deal. They are asking my B&M to sell them to be nice, but they dont want to throw an even. I would think they would want to promote they charity, not just send the B&M a box in their shipment and say okay go at it please.

I dont quite understand. I looked for the event near me and nothing is listed for california. Whats the deal. They are asking my B&M to sell them to be nice, but they dont want to throw an even. I would think they would want to promote they charity, not just send the B&M a box in their shipment and say okay go at it please.

Well....I'll be pretty sure they sell even without the event. My B&M only got 10 or so in, and they sold within hours. Their rarity factor is pretty high in my opinion, as they are a yearly release, and supposedly no other release is the same. That being said, yeah, it sucks they're not going to do an event but the economy is so bad I can't see a B&M having extra money to shell out to do a promotion event that folks may or may not buy said cigars at. There's a whole other thread about this somewhere dude...

They usually do require retailers to host a party. They called me this year and said that due to the economy they were not going to make people host one to get the TAA sets. I think some shops are still throwing parties, but you can now find the sets at stores that don't.

B&M here through a little party and sold their sets. I had planned to make it up there, but the wife got sick that night. Probably would have forgotten, anyhow... didn't have a reminder set! :laugh:

-John

I stopped by today and purchased a box. They were $60 not $50, and I also picked up a couple of the other Opus that were brought in.

I stopped by today and purchased a box. They were $60 not $50, and I also picked up a couple of the other Opus that were brought in.

That's strange that your B&M sold them for $10 USD above the actual price. It is my understand that it is $50 USD across the board, and I thought they were exempt from tobacco taxes since it is a charitable donation, and the $50 USD goes STRAIGHT to Cigar Family, the B&M makes no profit whatsoever.

Can an owner chime in on this? Did they explain why it was $60? I paid $50, and I'm here in CA...

Even the sign outside the door had them listed at $60. When I first inquired about the price a couple days before the event the owner looked at me kind of funny because I had mentioned the price at $50. She quickly corrected me with the $60 price point and I just left it at that.

Sounds like the B&M was trying to make a buck, too. Now ask them if all $60 went to the charity or not? Watch 'em squirm...

Back