• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

50 State Commemorative Quarters (1999 - 2008)

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
The US Mint issues five different states each year starting in 1999 for each of the 50 states in order which they entered the union.

The current one is Montana (the 41st state to enter the union on November 8th 1889).

I've been throwing a few of these aside and just sorted them today and realized there are darn few of them that I'm missing. Apparently, they are minted in Denver and Philadelphia but all the ones I have are "P" for Philadelphia.

From 2003, I'm missing Alabama, Arkansas & Missouri
From 2004, I'm missing Iowa & Wisconsin
From 2006, I'm missing Nebraska, South Dakota and Colorado

Does anyone here collect coins?

I was never really into coin collecting but if any of you or your kids are and you REALLY need one from a state your collection is missing, shoot me an email if you'd like me to send you one.

Yes, I collect these.
I have two sets, one for each of my boys.

Let me look thru my coin jar and see what I can come up with.

You looking for just any circulated quarter or you want ones that are near mint quality?

You looking for just any circulated quarter or you want ones that are near mint quality?

Have you seen the colored quarters, I just bought a set for my wife's greandfather as he is a coin collector. Pretty neat. If youare into that sorta thing.

OK CC, I got the following:
Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Wisconsin and Colorado.

I will send them out Monday.

I collect these...I'll look at my current collection and see what I have.

I collect them, but I only do it half heartedly. I have some of them, but not the latest. They are nice to have for the kids. It helps them learn the states.

I'll dig through my change jar (2 gallon jar 1/2 full) and see what I can find. I would say 99% of what I have is from the Denver mint, and all are circulated.

I never collected the State Quarters, they made sooooo many of them that unless you have one that is MS70 (perfect), they will only be worth a quarter.

I do have a fair collection of coins, though none that are extremely rare or valuable. I have been lucky a few times and bought coins that were mis-attributed, or through the mint coins that are of high demand. Hence buy low, sell high :)

I enjoy collecting coins. Each is a work of art and history. Who held the 1851 1 cent piece before me, or the 1865 dime? etc. Some coins have pedigrees!

I have been gravitating toward currency of late, as the imagery is more profound in most cases. The only problem is currency has a very short life and most of the truly beautiful pieces are way out of my price range.

Sorry for rambling...

Hey CC, please PM me with your address so I can send you the coins.
Your PM box is full and I can't send you a PM to ask you about your address. :whistling:

LOL!

Thanks junkman!! I really only started this thread because I was emptying out my change jar today and rolling up some coins and noticed I had a boatload of these quarters and tossed them in with the ones I threw aside a couple of years ago.

I figured I may as well offer to send these to anyone who collects them BUT since you offered to fill in the few holes I have in my collection, I'll take ya up on the offer! :thumbs:

The detail on these quarters is quite interesting so why not try and get a whole set?

Thanks again junkman! :thumbs:

If you need any from the Denver mint, LMK. I have extras of many of them, most of them in AU50 or better.

Cheers!

I casually collect them. I really ought to sort through what I have as some have come up with variations that might be rare.

A question. Does each state mint come from two mints? That is, if I have one minted from Philadelphia of New York, is there another NY coming out of Denver? I am just wondering if you need to collect two coins from each state or is one sufficient for a complete collection.

A question. Does each state mint come from two mints? That is, if I have one minted from Philadelphia of New York, is there another NY coming out of Denver? I am just wondering if you need to collect two coins from each state or is one sufficient for a complete collection.

Yes, there are two mints, Denver and Philadelphia that mint coins for each state. I suppose it depends on how serious one is about collecting these.

Since I'm here on the east coast (Nova Scotia :laugh: ) I rarely if ever come across these quarters that have been minted in Denver.

Actually for a complete set you would need the proof coins minted in San Francisco as well.

There are four US Mints operating now:

Philadelphia
Denver
San Francisco
West Point

There have been several others:
New Orleans
Dahlonega Ga
Carson City NV (Bill would appreciate the mint mark "CC")
Charlotte NC

i have the complete mint sets in proof silver and the proof standards from 1999 till 2002

Yes, there are two mints, Denver and Philadelphia that mint coins for each state. I suppose it depends on how serious one is about collecting these.

Since I'm here on the east coast (Nova Scotia :laugh: ) I rarely if ever come across these quarters that have been minted in Denver.

Thanks for the information. Now I have to check my collection and see what I have!! (The little that I have of it)

Someone needs to clean out their mailbox like usual. Hint hint CC. Anyways I have Nebraska and SOuth Dakota in excellent shape. The coins still have the ridges and still shiny so they wasnt in circulation for very long. BOth are from the Denver mint. Just let me know.