• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

.50cal Humidor for a buddy

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
A good buddy of mine and fellow BOTL is taking command of a unit in a few days and over the past week or so tasman and I had been constructing a congrats present to give him as well wishes.

Being that resources or limited out here we decided to go with the .50cal humidor (tasman has plenty of empty .50cal boxes, lol).

We scrubbed it very well with some Simple Green and let it air dry about 3 days. After it was odor free of anything we busted up a bunch of cedar boxes (thanks Lima Whiskey), and put them in the box for some seasoning.

We let that sit for another couple days. We then attached some decent sized cedar portions to the walls and lid using double sided tape. Threw in a foam tray on the bottom for comfort, a sponge with hygrometer on top, and we were good to hook.

Threw in about 75 sticks and let her sit a day or so. We gave it to him yesterday and he really liked it. Just thought I'd share it here. I know there are good/bad things about ammo can humidors, but this one really worked out well, and it'll serve the purpose out here.

Thanks to tas, LW, and high-n-tight for the help on construction and of course the contribution of sticks that went in it.

The pics:

50calhumi26zu.jpg

50calhumi8ah.jpg

Nicely done gentlemen. :thumbs:

You guys are resourceful to a fault.

Wilkey

Nice gesture on your part, with assists from many! :thumbs:

Great job guys, well done to all involved. Just don't get your .50cal boxes mixed up :laugh:

CYG

Great job guys, well done to all involved. Just don't get your .50cal boxes mixed up :laugh:

CYG

I was just thinking the same thing!

There'd be a bunch of smoke-happy enemy combatants out there and a bunch of burnt-faced SAW gunners relaxing with drinks. :laugh:

Wilkey

Nice play guys.

Something special about making something rather then buying
it off the shelf.

Brian

edit for spelling ???

It was great doing it for him. It was well deserved! :D

Had potential to be a real nice photo brickhouse.....shame you had to put your ugly mutt in there :D

Have a friend who is planning to make one. I'll get him the pics here so he can see a little of how it's done.

That came out great!

When I saw it I immediately had a vision of some poor grunt hustling ammo cans out to his Ma-Duece in the middle of a fire fight, ripping the cans open and finding one of them full of cigars! ha, ha, ha

They look in the can and say "WTF, Cigars?" (with that "oh crap" look)

Then, they look at each other, "Hey, Cigars!" (with that "we just won the lottery!" look)

edits:clarity