• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

50th Anniversary

Are we considering what general produces cigars these days? :laugh:

I'll say 11.

Hey Claudio missed this, nice to see they are using a seasoned veteran in their analysis!

I will bite, how about 7?

Still waiting, who knows, maybe they'll pass them out after the Procigar Feastival.
whistling.gif
rolleyes.gif

Well since you got something in the first place, I'm sure you will get them...eventually. Probably just a fiver.
cool.gif

Well! I received a box with five more cigars to review, this one requires me to give them my opinon as to which one i think is the best tasting. I really hope it will a tough task, sometimes they can be DTs.
whistling.gif

I haven't forgotten, Nothing received yet, but i'm leaning toward Vortex as the winner. When i was in Santiago, DR, the people in charge of marketing were not only aloof, they ignored the the people that they work with. Really surreal to see everyone there being warm and friendly and the General people being cold and distant. Seems like they got rid of the tobacco people and marketing took over. Very sad!

General will be celebrating their 50th Anniversary with a special edition cigar made from proprietary tobaccos that have been aged for quite a long time. Being one of about 150 cigar smokers from all over the U.S. who have been sent seven cigars to rate and determine which is the cigar THEY would buy, i feel rather proud to be included. The only thing i can really say about the cigars right now are that they are black as coal and rolled superbly. I can hardly wait to see what the cigars smoke like and taste. More info after i have finished my study. :D

I was fortunate to be included in the testing for the Punch Uppercut (my best SWAG guess). They were also rolled superbly. I had 3 samples. One was Pepin-ish but not half as balanced. One was a DT.
The last was Superb. Just an amazingly complex and delicious cigar. I have smoked 2 uppercut's, so far, and they are somewhat simiilar but are missing the mark. It would be interesting to se how the production version(s) compares to your samples.

I would have said 25... very cool that you get to try out the initial sample runs...but what better way to get folks excited then to give you a box and hopefully have you distribute smokes to other cigar lovers and so on...and so on...

Enjoy those sticks!

R

That is pretty cool that you got picked to sample and give your opinions to them.

I would have initially guessed you would get a full box but now maybe nothing.

General will be celebrating their 50th Anniversary with a special edition cigar made from proprietary tobaccos that have been aged for quite a long time. Being one of about 150 cigar smokers from all over the U.S. who have been sent seven cigars to rate and determine which is the cigar THEY would buy, i feel rather proud to be included. The only thing i can really say about the cigars right now are that they are black as coal and rolled superbly. I can hardly wait to see what the cigars smoke like and taste. More info after i have finished my study. :D

I was fortunate to be included in the testing for the Punch Uppercut (my best SWAG guess). They were also rolled superbly. I had 3 samples. One was Pepin-ish but not half as balanced. One was a DT.
The last was Superb. Just an amazingly complex and delicious cigar. I have smoked 2 uppercut's, so far, and they are somewhat simiilar but are missing the mark. It would be interesting to se how the production version(s) compares to your samples.

By any chance were you in the group that went to Santiago, DR. about three years ago? I was in the group that gave reviews for Punch Uppercut also, i had a chance to smoke an upper cut and it was better than what i expected. But it's a bit too mild for my tastes, and if i remember correctly it what General was looking for, a cigar for someone just starting out smoking cigars.

That is pretty cool that you got picked to sample and give your opinions to them.

I would have initially guessed you would get a full box but now maybe nothing.

Well some one must be monitoring CigarPass because a box sent by two day air arrived today for further reviews.
cool.gif
unsure.gif

I would have said 25... very cool that you get to try out the initial sample runs...but what better way to get folks excited then to give you a box and hopefully have you distribute smokes to other cigar lovers and so on...and so on...

Enjoy those sticks!

R

That's what i would do and was expecting. But like the song says, " What will be will be.
smile.gif
"