• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5er Packaging Question

Pugman1943

When I receive a box I take off the cello, open inspect etc. One a 5er, as the photos show, I am not sure of what to do. If that cello or [ plastic ] wrap breathes, I guess I am OK. But if it is a plastic wrap I question the breathing. So here I am asking the experts. What do you gents say?, and appreciate your input.

8238EA4D-20BF-4F99-A3A4-734E0A7A4261.jpeg40500199-D3D9-40AB-8F12-1B2D7F4F6E28.jpeg

I’ve left those little five packs in the outer cello before with no issue. 🤷🏻
If we assume the outer wrap is a "perfect" seal.....

- Cigars overhumidified from the vendor - they'll stay that way, hopefully not mold
- Cigars underhumidified from the vendor - they'll stay that way.
- Cigars just right - outer wrap will keep them close, but time will change that.

Truth is the outer wrap probably isn't perfect, in which case, putting them in the humidor / cabinet will help, slowly.

I'll still bust the outer wrap and put them in the cabinet, just because.

If we assume the outer wrap is a "perfect" seal.....

- Cigars overhumidified from the vendor - they'll stay that way, hopefully not mold
- Cigars underhumidified from the vendor - they'll stay that way.
- Cigars just right - outer wrap will keep them close, but time will change that.

Truth is the outer wrap probably isn't perfect, in which case, putting them in the humidor / cabinet will help, slowly.

I'll still bust the outer wrap and put them in the cabinet, just because.
These were from Isy, so I know they were perfect! 😂

I’d bust the outer wrap if for nothing more than to enjoy the intrinsic natural beauty of the cigar itself. :)

And I think it would help with humidification purposes too. ;)

Ed, I think I would do as others have said and remove the plastic. The cigars inside "might" be properly humidified and they might not. I always try to get the cigars to the state in which they were intended to live.