• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5th Annual HURRICANE HERF - Raffle Proceeds FINAL TALLY

Herfin Bigdog

To my Herf Loving, Cigar Enthusiast friends and acquaintances, the DCASC 5th Annual Hurricane Herf (HH5) & Benefit Raffle was held on Saturday, September 8 in Bowie, MD.
The proceeds raised during this event will be donated to the American Red Cross' Hurricane Relief Fund. The past three Hurricane Herf raffles have brought in nearly $5000 in proceeds for Hurricane Relief.

After arriving at the final figure for the amount raised during this event, the total proceeds now exceeds $6000 for Hurricane Relief! This Hurricane Herf brought in just under $1200. I am contributing the extra $21.00 to bring the total to $1200.

Thank you ALL who participated. And a special Thanks goes to the following sponsors that donated items for the raffle prizes, and/or the Herf Kits.

The Herf Kits were AWESOME this year!!!

Thank You:

CAO Cigars
JR. Cigars (Grand Prize donor)
Roxor, Perseo Cigar Co.
Finest Cuban Cigars
Puros Indios
Killer Beans Coffee
Perdomo Cigars
Island Smoke Shop
Mr. Bundles (Uncle Mikey)
Drew Estates
Mayorga Coffee
Caribou Coffee
XIKAR Cutters
Palio Cutters
Altadis Cigars
John Hay Cigars
Cigarmony (Mark Neff)
Philadelphia Distilling

The first Un-Official Hurricane Herf, HH1, September 2003 Photos: (No raffle held at HH1)HH1
HH2, September 2004 Photos:HH2
HH3, September 2005 Photos:HH3
HH4, September 2006 Photos:HH4 The photos are in reverse order.

And Now ... HH5:
My Pictures and SmokinAFuente's Pictures:
My Pic's
Rodney's Pic's

I've already got a head-start for next year's HH6. Two boxes came in on Monday, too late for HH5. I received a box from Toraño and Cuban Crafters. Their donations will be properly stored and brought out for next years' raffle.

Thank You ALL again for making this another successful Hurricane Herf!!!

August 15 Update

Presently, I have received commitments from a dozen vendors to participate as sponsors. I'm going to wait a while longer before listing those sponsors.

If you are interested in attending, please email me.

If you wish to see what previous events have been like, check the links in the first post.

There aren't too many guarantees in life beyond death and taxes. But I can guarantee that you will have a good time should you decide to attend this event. Plus, you'll be helping a worthy cause at the same time.

Bryan,

Dathaniel and I will be back again this this year. If there is anything we can bring let me know. For anyone thinking of going it's a great time and I highly recommend it!!

Damon

Bryan,

Dathaniel and I will be back again this this year. If there is anything we can bring let me know. For anyone thinking of going it's a great time and I highly recommend it!!

Damon

I look forward to seeing you guys again. :D

The boy has a game on Saturday, so I won't be able to make it this year. This is a very cool herf and for good cause. I had a blast last year! :D

Email coming your way Bryan.

The boy has a game on Saturday, so I won't be able to make it this year. This is a very cool herf and for good cause. I had a blast last year! :D

Email coming your way Bryan.

I'm sorry that you can't make it this year Bro. Hopefully you'll make it next year. :D

Mark, See you in two! :laugh:

We now have a Grand Prize!!! See first post for todays update. :thumbs:

Alrighty 1 day to go boys!!!! See you gents on Sat I'm sure it will be a blast.

Damon

If you need help with directions or have other questions, PM me.

I'll check periodically throughout the day and a few times tomorrow morning as well.

:laugh:

I did a quick count this morning. It looks like the event took in over $1000 to be donated to the ARC Hurricane Relief Fund. Just how much over I won't be sure of until I do the offical count on Monday or Tuesday.

A BIG THANK YOU to our sponsors:

Cigarmony (Mark Neff)
CAO Cigars
JR. Cigars (Grand Prize donor)
Roxor, Perseo Cigar Co.
Finest Cuban Cigars
Puros Indios
Killer Beans Coffee
Perdomo Cigars
Island Smoke Shop
Mr. Bundles (Uncle Mikey)
Drew Estates
Mayorga Coffee
Caribou Coffee
XIKAR Cutters
Palio Cutters
Altadis Cigars
John Hay Cigars

And two large ceramic cigar ashtrays (Donated by Your's Truly)

Our sponsors are essential for putting on events such as this one. It never ceases to amaze me just how generous the close-nit group of cigar and cigar accessory manufacturers can be when it comes to this event.

The time involved to set up this event and also break it down and put all of the accoutrements away is definitely worth it to me, or I certainly wouldn't be doing it.

But I have to give a Big THANK YOU to my best herf buddy, HerfinOne. He usually shows up early to help with the last minute details. And he always comes the day after to help me break it down and put it all away.

It would be very difficult to do it without his help.

Thank You Ben!

I'll have the final tally Monday or Tuesday evening.

Picture links will be posted within the next day or two.

Thank you to those who participated and made this raffle another great success! :thumbs:

It was another GREAT herf Bryan! Thanks again to you and the misses for having us!

~Mark