• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

6 years, just like that.

investandprosper

CP was the first cigar board I ever joined, back when I was soaking up knowledge like a noob sponge. I got a WOAM in the newbie sampler thread from @theorangeman and thanked him for the "Gran Reserva" cause that's what it said on the label

I owe my passion for cigars to the lot of you. The steadfast FOGs, the brothers that have passed on (RIP Souldog), those that simply fell away from the board (where the hell are Loren & CJ?!), and the faithful crew that keeps this self-moderated community going. Hat's off to you.

6 years is nothing. Here's to 50 more.

Oh! The contest. Post your favorite CP memory in this thread to go into a draw for a quality fiver. Must be an active member, and not an asshat. I think that's how it goes

Last edited:
Congrats on the Anny. Thanks for the contest. My favorite memory would be 2, one, when SoulPup saved my arse when I first joined and helped me unstep on my dick. 2, getting to meet other BOTL from Colorado for the first time s few years back.

Congrats on the half dozen! I'd have to say mine isn't so much a memory, more of a reminder: careful when clicking on Grateful1's links. You never know what is going to show up on your screen.

My favorite memory, which is short mind you, is when I thought that "Maduro Trout" was a cigar brand...

To this day I still maintain that a Maduro Trout would be a helluva cigar name.

Congrats on 6 years bro, they go fast. Great to have you around.

I have a lot of favorite memories, but one of my favorites is how we honored Brian (Infinity) when he passed. We had an online herf with chat and his family even stopped in if I remember right. I smoked my only Padron Millennium that night as we all chatted and said goodbye to one of the best.

Congratulations on 6 years!
I have several good memories. My favorite might be the Fog Newbie war with Soulpup as general. He was a great general rallying the troops with his infectious enthusiasm.

Congratulations on the anniversary. A lot of good times have been had since I joined CP. Its hard to pick one but at the top would be the people I've met, the knowledge I've gained and of course the WNS.

Congrats, as a newb I attended an LOL (Land Of Lincoln) herf in Springfield IL, my first herf with some good people from the CP. Watching the speed smoke of a Monte 5 was classic.

Congrats, and great to have you here.

My best CP memory is the first time I was able to meet up with the CP guys who made their way to KC for the Padron event. BBQ, beer, great cigars, and the BEANS that were simply to die for.

Congrats, and great to have you here.

My best CP memory is the first time I was able to meet up with the CP guys who made their way to KC for the Padron event. BBQ, beer, great cigars, and the BEANS that were simply to die for.
Yeah, that was a good one.

Happy anniversary! Like many here, my best CP memories are getting to meet the posters here. Especially when you've got a big group like at QSH.

Congrats on 6 years, they certainly go fast. How I got to 10 and missed it I have no idea o_O

On the best memory front, mine is the same as Bsneed51s. Hell, he was there :D.

The 2008 Outlaw Padron party saw a great turn out of CP BOTLs and after a long day of bombing each other, joking, drinking, ogling ladies and general revelry Jorge Padron, who had intermittently been hanging with the group through out the day asks us if we'd like to stay late with him and watch a boxing match, in which he sponsored a fighter :eek::eek::eek::eek: .

Well obviously we all said "hell yes". As the bout approached Jorge grabs a box of 26s off the shelf (I think #6 maddys) and starts handing them out to everyone to smoke. Lets just say it was an awesome time. :cool:

If you want to check any more on that I found the old thread:
http://www.cigarpass.com/forum/index.php?threads/outlaw-event-jorge-padron.42683/page-4

Well obviously we all said "hell yes". As the bout approached Jorge grabs a box of 26s off the shelf (I think #6 maddys) and starts handing them out to everyone to smoke. Lets just say it was an awesome time. :cool:

I still have that cigar, labeled, "Gift from Jorge Padron"....:p

First, congrats on the anny. Best (worse) memory when I stepped on my dick calling out Souldog on BBMF. I think Rod had to buy an extra disk for storage. Any way, someone from that fiasco sent me a BBFM which I placed in long term storage. At that time I knew I was not the one to just smoke that cigar. Sometimes after that Swissy lost his long time friend and was down, so I sent him the BBMF to smoke while he walked in the woods with fond memories.

The first (and those which followed) annual CP herfs in Vegas.

Happy Anni.
There have been a few for me. The first would be the Wine herf where I got to meet a lot of CP members, the next would be when I went down to LA and a whole bunch of members were getting together at Geoffs place before he closed it.

Even though I'm not eligible for the contest, I wanted to wish you a happy 6 years with many more to come!!

So many good memories. I changed it to be any active member, I don't know why I set a year stipulation. That's what I get for writing the post at midnight ;)

I'll close this up at the end of the weekend, draw the winner and will ship Monday :)