• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

601 Box Pressed Maduro Robusto

Anthony

Advertising Space -- Available Here
A really nice cigar! This box pressed maduro had a beautiful smooth oily wrapper, and a great pre-light aroma that reminded me a lot of a Tatuaje.

The initial smoke definitely had some bite to it! Started out very peppery, with a leathery aromy. A slightly firm draw, not unlike many box pressed sticks.

After the first 1/3 it mellowed out quite a bit, and was a nice earthy smoke with a bit of spice and lots of rich smoke.

It continued to be nice and mellow (full bodied but not harsh at all) burning very cool and even. I got flavors of coffee, nuts, and hints of cedar. Also, I did not experience any problems with uneven burn that others have mentioned, and didn't need any relights.

Overall a great full-bodied smoke, you'll like it if you like other Nicaraguan's, and I'd even say it is a bit reminiscent of a Tatuaje. I would not suggest this as an early morning smoke - might want to make this an after dinner cigar as it is a bit strong on an empty stomach.

Some pics for your viewing pleasure:

601blue.jpg

601blue2.jpg

601blue3.jpg

i had one of these the other day. Mine seemed to have taken a bit longer to mellow out some then yours did.

The burn was a little off as well. Maybe they just need a few more days in the humi.. Thanks for the review!

I also like this cigar very much. Nicely aged tobacco with no bitterness on the back of the palate. As Anthony said, not a breakfast smoke because it has some pepper and is pretty heavy.

Thanks for the great review.

My first 601 Blue was a part of a bomb sent to me by Jorel. I've been hooked on 601s ever since. Personally, they are one of my favorites.

I enjoyed a 601 yesterday , after reading your post.
It was very good, perfect burn and draw.. Mellow.

Something worth going back too for some more for sure.

Nice review. :)

Glad you enjoyed it :thumbs:

I'm also a big fan of the 601 line (the Green Label is my favorite)--I find them to be a nice blend of Tatuaje and Padrón flavor profiles.

Well done.

I like every 601 blend, and the Cubao in the robusto. Some of Pepin's better blends, imo.

A really nice cigar! This box pressed maduro had a beautiful smooth oily wrapper, and a great pre-light aroma that reminded me a lot of a Tatuaje.

The initial smoke definitely had some bite to it! Started out very peppery, with a leathery aromy. A slightly firm draw, not unlike many box pressed sticks.

After the first 1/3 it mellowed out quite a bit, and was a nice earthy smoke with a bit of spice and lots of rich smoke.

It continued to be nice and mellow (full bodied but not harsh at all) burning very cool and even. I got flavors of coffee, nuts, and hints of cedar. Also, I did not experience any problems with uneven burn that others have mentioned, and didn't need any relights.

Overall a great full-bodied smoke, you'll like it if you like other Nicaraguan's, and I'd even say it is a bit reminiscent of a Tatuaje. I would not suggest this as an early morning smoke - might want to make this an after dinner cigar as it is a bit strong on an empty stomach.

Some pics for your viewing pleasure:

601blue.jpg

601blue2.jpg

601blue3.jpg

I really like these, but they're a bit pricey at my B&M (about 8$). I got a 5 pack for $20, so there are deals out there.

Never had a problem with one of these. Perfect draw, nice taste. Burn sometimes is off a little--not by much.

I just happened to smoke one of these on Monday at our weekly Hold'em tournament.

I bought a box when they first came out, so they've got about one year of aging one them.

I agree 100% with your review and description. I had zero burn issues.

Kevin

Haven't heard much of these but it's good to see there is a little following after these. I will have to keep them in mind when I get more room in the humidor. :) :p