• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

601 Habano (Red Label) Robusto

humboldtflyer

ALONE...
601 Habano Robusto
Nicaragua
Size: 5x50
Smoke Time: 1hour 20 minutes
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Oscuro
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua

Look and feel: 92
Flavor and Aroma: 91
Burn: 91
My rating: 91

phonecampics015.jpg

A nice slightly oily wrapper, and a beautiful medium dark brown color. No veins that I remember, and if there were they were definitely not causing any kind of impact. Construction was flawless and had the nice classic roll style with a flawless triple cap. Gotta hand it to Pepin, he created another beauty!

My xikar but the cap perfectly. Straight, clean, no mess. Prelight draw was perfection... a tiny bit of drag... just how I like it. It had a beautiful rich tobacco flavor and the foot smell was nice and clean.

Light went off without any problems...

Taste:
I was initially hit with a nice eruption of spice on my palate that I have grown to now expect with most Pepin blends. It wasn't harsh or anything, quite nice actually. Flavor was very earthy, kind of like a nut or potato and was very enjoyable. The spice fell to the background as expected. Enjoyin' every minute of it...

Burn:
Burn started out a little uneven, but not bad. As the cigar hit about the half way point the burn had corrected itself and continued to be near razor straight form there on out... One thing I have learned about the Pepin products is you have to take your time smoking them because if you smoke them too quickly you will more than likely end up with an uneven burning stick... Don't ask me why, its just a personal observation. :cool:

Finish:
As the cigar warmed up in the final portion of the cigar, the rich and creamy sensation came to the forefront. The cigar developed a bit of sweetness to it and never developed any harshness. Body became much fuller. A beautiful long finish and enjoyable all the way to the nub!

Again thanks for your time guys! Try one if you haven't!

Nice review. Very good cigar. More and more folks are realizing that I see, one used to be able to get a 5er on DevilBid for $19. Not so much anymore.

Great review! :thumbs:

One of my favorite Pepin vitolas. When I am in the mood for a big cigar, I love the Trabuca of this blend.

Nice review, however, I don't care for these smokes at all. The only 601 that I would care purchasing is the blue label maduro.

Nice review Jadon. I'm going to have to see where I can get some of these, as my B&M does not carry Pepin. :(

So, I wonder what it would be like to stick a potato in my mouth and light it up. :laugh: