• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

'64 Padron Piramide and

slowhand

The evening’s theme: Things are indeed better with age.

My favorite time for a drink and a smoke; on the back porch playing a little no-limit hold’em. To the left of my laptop sits a bottle of Bowmore 17yo whisky and a Padron ’64 Anniversary Piramide from 2000 or early 2001. I was fortunate to secure a box that has been aged for about 4 years.

Here is a photo, if you are so inclined: '64 box.

I pour myself a biggie-sized portion of one of my favorite scotches. This whisky, though it is an Islay product, is not as peaty as some of its brethren. It does have the classic smoky oak flavor. You are far better off reading AVB’s review if you are interested. I like it as much if not more.

The smoke! I am a huge Padron fan and was salivating at the thought of smoking this cigar. I cut it and took an unlit draw. Perfect! And it smelled so good that I wanted to take a bite:) I lit her up. A good volume of smoke from the very beginning and the typical wonderful taste of the anniversary line. Except that all the flavors felt together. Rather than each note on its own, they were blended. I hope that makes sense. Smooth as silk all the way through with a wonderful sweet finish. The age seems to have done wonders for this already fantastic smoke. My suggestion to you, if you have the willpower, is to allow some of yours to age. It is well worth it. This is the best Padron I have smoked (of course, that may change as I have a ’26 maduro #9 in the humidor calling my name).

Bowmore 17yo and 4yo pardons. A match made in heaven.

jason

Age does wonderful things to all quality cigars; glad to hear your box turned out well. ;)

Perfect day slowhand :thumbs:

I gotta move to AZ 'cause it's 34 degrees here and there's snow on the ground :0 :(

slowhand said:
You are far better off reading AVB’s review if you are interested. I like it as much if not more.
Ohhh, the residual checks should be rolling in now! :p

Nice review! I'll have a pyramid someday as I sample my way through the '64 line :thumbs: :love: