• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

65% Media

alexgtp

newbie extrodinaire!!
Received my beads from Vern..

Im so excited..

Anything I need to know in getting these ready for action?

>>pee pee dance started<<

alexgtp said:
Received my beads from Vern..

Im so excited..

Anything I need to know in getting these ready for action?

>>pee pee dance started<<
[snapback]166338[/snapback]​
Don't pour water directly over the beads, instead, wet the sponge with water, but the sponge and beads in a ziploc back. If you have a meter, throw it in there with it. If you add water to the beads directly, some will pop.

Emo

Wise words from Emo here. You can also put a shot glass full of water in next to the beads. Works well for me.

got mine today, too! :thumbs:
glad you asked, and emo & lucusbuck answered...I'd have put them through the "rice-krispy"- snap, krackle'n'pop water torture, otherwise! :p

Pop? Crackle? Snap?

I've only watered mine twice now since they are in action, but neither have I heard any pop, nor have I noticed any broken ones.

I wouldn't have a problem pouring the water onto a sponge that then sits on top of the beads container, but what about my beads-filled credo? Can't put a sponge in there. Using water steam doesn't let me control the amount transferred.

I made a flat sack of airy material, filled it with beads, closed it up and put the bag inside the credo. When needed, I slowly empty a syringe over the perforated credo surface. How could I better moisten the medium?

Just curious if any one has an idea how long these beads last? I have had mine for a year in my igloodor and all seems well still.

Thanks

Jim

As far as reactivating dry beads, just throw a small sponge moist with water next to the credo, or on top of it. The beads will abosrb the excess moisture. Make sure the sponge is damp and not soaked. This will slowly rais the RH in your humidor to an acceptable level.

Emo

JWJ said:
Just curious if any one has an idea how long these beads last? I have had mine for a year in my igloodor and all seems well still.

Thanks

Jim
[snapback]166458[/snapback]​

They have an indefinate life span, just need rehydrating once in a while.

Back