• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

8 Cigar Sampler for $9.95

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
Heya Gents,

Found this in my "Men's Journal" tonight and thought it was a decent deal.

Padron, CAO Brazilia, CAO Criollo, Cusano, RP Sun Grown, Torano Exodus Silver, and a couple Thompsons Orginals for 10 bucks.

The coupon code is already in the link.

8 sticks from Thompson

Why are they mentioning something about a CAO Gold in their description? At any rate, toss out the two Thompsons and the Cusano 18, and you still have a decent 5 pack for 10 bucks. Not a bad deal, but probably still not sweet enough for me to take the plunge. Thanks for tip though. ;)

I also hate when they don't list the specific size of each cigar.

Why are they mentioning something about a CAO Gold in their description? At any rate, toss out the two Thompsons and the Cusano 18, and you still have a decent 5 pack for 10 bucks. Not a bad deal, but probably still not sweet enough for me to take the plunge. Thanks for tip though. ;)

I also hate when they don't list the specific size of each cigar.

Yeah, I noticed a few discrepancies in the ad as well. I really wish the size was in there, as you mentioned. Not the greatest deal you'll see, but maybe each one of these is on someone's daily list. It'd be a good deal for that guy.

It's a little unclear what you get. If you go by the image you get the CAO Brazilia and RP Sungrown. If you go by the description you get the CAO Gold and RP Vintage. Not a bad deal either way.

Thanks

snip...toss out the two Thompsons and the Cusano 18, ....snip

Hey Orangeman!

Mind if I ask what you don't like about the Cusano 18?? I just had my first one last night after supper, and I thought it was well worth the ~$4 MSRP. Matter of fact, I would have guessed higher than that. I found i to be an awesome smoke.

(Anyone else who has an opinion about these please chime in as well.)

Thanks.

Jim

Hey Newfie, if you liked it, enough said! ;)

Truly, who cares about my opinion as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters. However, since you asked... I just found it waaaay too mild for my tastes. It lacked strength, flavor and complexity, based on what I often look for in a smoke. I actually never finished it; I tossed it half way into smoking it (which was about 45-50 minutes because it's a good size smoke). I should state that this was the only one I've ever tried though.

Now the Cusano that I do like which I think is well worth 4 bucks is the Cusano Corojo 97. I really enjoyed that cigar - much more umph and flavor to it. I'd pick up another handful at that price, but too often I see them bundled with the Cusano 18's.

Hey Newfie, if you liked it, enough said! ;)

Truly, who cares about my opinion as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters. However, since you asked... I just found it waaaay too mild for my tastes. It lacked strength, flavor and complexity, based on what I often look for in a smoke. I actually never finished it; I tossed it half way into smoking it (which was about 45-50 minutes because it's a good size smoke). I should state that this was the only one I've ever tried though.

Now the Cusano that I do like which I think is well worth 4 bucks is the Cusano Corojo 97. I really enjoyed that cigar - much more umph and flavor to it. I'd pick up another handful at that price, but too often I see them bundled with the Cusano 18's.

OK, first you gotta understand I'm a Newbie who's only been smoking cigars seriously since March. As for complexity, I'm still looking for flavours certain people taste in cigars, so you're probably 100% correct. But as for strength, this was quite the firecracker. And I'm enjoying some Sancho Panzas and DC Maximus I managed to get my paws on. I don't know if you got a funky one or if I did, but this was definately a smoke that left a nicotingle in my mouth and gave me quite the head-rush. That being said, it was a Paired Maduro I had, I don't know if they're stronger than the regular 18s.

I do have a Cusano Corojo (Corona if memory serves me correct) that I will try tonight after dinner and see how it is.

Not to hijack the thread or anything but...

I like the C18. I like them better after they have some age. For me its the Bud Lite cigar. A good hot day, light cigar. The aging adds a little to the flavor but it will never be a powerhouse of taste. Had one over the weekend.

That being said, it was a Paired Maduro I had, I don't know if they're stronger than the regular 18s.

There you go - that IS DEFINITELY one big difference. We weren't talking about the same cigar. ;)

I've never had a Paired Maduro before but probably does have more umph to it that than the regular 18's. Perhaps I'll give this one a try sometime. Try the Corojo tonight and let us know how you like it.

This deal seems like a good one for those that haven't experienced the cigars. I might pick it up along with a friend later on.

Thanks for the deal. :thumbs: