• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

'96 Opus X along the river

elktwin

I was reflecting on the pleasure that the Umpqua River has given us during our time in Oregon and selected a very well-aged Opus X DC as an accompaniment to the moment as I said my farewell.

The band was loose, as is the case with older cigars, and the draw was perfect. The flavor was redolent with the dates and raisins that Opus are famous for, and the refined nature of the smoke belied its powerful core. Smooth and elegant, the cigar burned straight and offered billows of fragrant smoke to the swirling breeze where it was carried in eddies across the gently flowing water.

Almost two hours of sublime enjoyment in the cool, early winter air.

PIC

what? psssh, I got 1992's in my humidor. :whistling:

David

All kidding aside, wow that must of been a great smoke.

David

Nice!! I have four Power Rangers with about five years on them. I am going to light the first one up to celebrate spring when it finally gets here.

I wish I could keep xXx's that long. I do let them sit at least 4-6 months (because that's usually when the shop gets another shipment so I can restock) but after that temptation kicks in. I had one last night that was pretty dang good.

Wow, what a great picture and moment you enjoyed!! I purchased a Opus DC on sunday, now I will have to see just how long I can let it rest for, as I have yet to smoke and enjoy a Opus X.

Elk, how ya doin brother??
Great picture. That looks like an awesome place to have a peaceful smoke.

Umpqua River is an awesome river had some great days fly fishing for steelhead down there enjoy your time on the river. Thanks for the Review rp

Elk, how ya doin brother??
Great picture. That looks like an awesome place to have a peaceful smoke.
Thanks, Mike! Glad you made it home safely. Great seeing you while you were out here. Have a great Christmas and a safe and prosperous new year, my friend!

I have yet to smoke my first Opus, but gave one away as part of the newbie war for winter. I will definitely look forward to enjoying them when I do get the chance.