• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

999th Post contest!

Congrats on the new job!

Lessee, it's where your best friend had his cherry popped?
blush.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks for the contest!

Congrats on the milestone! :thumbs: You've done a better job of 'reading more and posting less' than I have. :D

You're a car guy. The hotel was seen in the movie 'Vanishing Point'.

Virgil Earp was hired as a deputy sheriff in Goldfield in January 1905; Virgil died there, in bed with pneumonia in October 1905, and Wyatt Earp left Goldfield shortly thereafter.

Virgil Earp was hired as a deputy sheriff in Goldfield in January 1905; Virgil died there, in bed with pneumonia in October 1905, and Wyatt Earp left Goldfield shortly thereafter.

Nice job sticking around and contributing for that long too!

Car chase in Vanishing Point?

I thought it didn't have anything to do with you. :p

Correcto!!!

The Goldfield Hotel was the location of SuperSoul's radio station in Vanishing Point.

I drove up to Mammoth Lakes, CA a few weekends ago, and the route I took brought me up through Tonopah, NV, so I passed through Goldfield. I was super excited just to see that one building. Parked my Hemi Wagon outside, took a few pictures, and wandered around town for a few minutes snapping pics. I love little old towns like that in the southwest.

Glad I picked a good question this time!!

PM me your addy, and I'll get it sent off ASAP. Congrats!

This?

But life was not all well with Winfield. At some point in the 1930s, his life took a turn for the worse when a prostitute he visited frequently, named Elizabeth, turned up pregnant and claimed his was the child she carried. For a while he paid her to stay away, afraid of the scandal that such a child could bring to his business. When it was no longer possible to hide the pregnancy, Winfield lured her to Room 109 of his hotel and chained her to a radiator. There she stayed, supplied with food and water, until the child was born. According to some, Elizabeth died in childbirth. Others contend that Winfield solved the problem with more finality by brutally murdering her. Either way, she was found dead. George Winfield then took the baby and threw it into the open mine shaft over which his hotel was built.

Found Here

Damn I was to late!!!!!

Congrats on the milestone and new job

Edit to add: Congrats to W00tsite as well.

First contest win! :D

PM'd my addy. Thanks and congrats on the acheivement.

Yeah! There is a ton of history in that building, and some cool stuff about goldfield too. Like I said, I have a big ole obsession with old towns like that.

Goldfield, Tonopah (well, not exactly a dead town), Pioche, Caliente (pronounced kali-eney if you ask the locals), Beatty, Hiko, Panaca (I actually don't like Panaca though...), Lund (haha, 156 people), Rachel, etc Awesome little places to see and explore around in NV. I go on lots of road trips and it gets me all excited when I'm in some spooky little town.

Tons of pictures too, if you ever wanna see any.

Anyway, Vanishing Point it is! Package will go out either today or tomorrow!

Thanks for playing, everyone!

I didn't participate but I'm curious. Why was the fact that the car chase for Vanishing Point the answer but not the other notable things associated with the Hotel? If the connection was not you, what was it?

I didn't participate but I'm curious. Why was the fact that the car chase for Vanishing Point the answer but not the other notable things associated with the Hotel? If the connection was not you, what was it?

I stated that there are many significant things about its history (some of the ones listed I didnt even know) but In my first post I said there was one specific thing I was looking for.

The fact that Vanishing point was filmed there has nothing to do with me, its just part of its history, the part I was looking to see if anyone could figure out. The only pictures I had of the building had my car out front, so sorry if that created confusion, but it also provided for a hint down the road.

DC# 0309 1140 0000 8443 4168

I hope that worked right, I used the little automated postage machine, ordered DC, and it just asked the the ticket was already attached, which it was. I assume they'll scan it on the other side of the wall. Either way, its on the road!

Just an update. Received the package! Thanks again for the chance to win something. :thumbs: