• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Añejo Question

gsblood

I was just in a cigar shop and speaking to the owner. I asked him about Añejo's. He told me the West coast will be getting the majority of the Añejo's this time and the East coast will be on the lighter side. He also said this is normal and the next release could vary and be the opposite.

Bullsh*t or not? ???

I was just in a cigar shop and speaking to the owner. I asked him about Añejo's. He told me the West coast will be getting the majority of the Añejo's this time and the East coast will be on the lighter side. He also said this is normal and the next release could vary and be the opposite.

Bullsh*t or not? ???

From hearing from customers, other retailers, and reading the forums, I don't really see where east or west is being treated any differently. But I'll definitely be asking! I know there are stores that get special consideration when all the cigars are divvied up, but I've never heard that before.

Bullsh*t or not? ???

I don't believe this to be the case. Interesting tidbit, there was a delay in the second shipment of these, because the boat was redirected. Truth is stranger than fiction, from Carlito Fuente:

an unbelievable story..... but true. our holiday shipment to the U.S. got misrouted to somewhere in the western Caribbean, I was told that this is the first time a ship was rerouted because of a demand from a customer. Carlos Fuente sr.(my father) gave an ultimatum, or offer they could not refuse, "get this right or get another customer!".... I wish sometimes the Fuente/Newman sales organization would not disclose exactly what happens on a moment to moment situation, since no one else that I am aware of, in the cigar industry, does this.......We are constantly criticized for WHAT WE TRY TO DO RIGHT. your island friend, carlito ps......Snap out of it!!

So some Añejos showed up in early December as normal, and others will be showing up soon (if they haven't hit already).

Is there a central distribution point in the U.S. where all these shipments get sorted or is that already predetermined when they initially ship? I think this is one for moki to enlighten us with.... :)

Is there a central distribution point in the U.S. where all these shipments get sorted or is that already predetermined when they initially ship? I think this is one for moki to enlighten us with.... :)
Miami. Distribution is done by account! Most good accounts get 5-7 boxes of holiday stuff. To get any more than that you have to have been with them forever! The ultimate decision on the sort is by the rep. He's given so many boxes to split among his accounts! The additional stuff is sent out by Wayne Suarez(sp)! It has nothing to do with the location of the account!

I guess in this case I'll call it bullsh*t.

I'm going to assume he received his information from a misinformed distributor or salesperson. It wouldn’t be the first time its happened to any shop owner. I haven't been buying from this guy very long, but he's been there a while so I give him the benefit of the doubt.
I'll just have to keep an eye out for Añejo's somewhere else here in CT.

Bullsh*t or not? ???

I don't believe this to be the case. Interesting tidbit, there was a delay in the second shipment of these, because the boat was redirected. Truth is stranger than fiction, from Carlito Fuente:

an unbelievable story..... but true. our holiday shipment to the U.S. got misrouted to somewhere in the western Caribbean, I was told that this is the first time a ship was rerouted because of a demand from a customer. Carlos Fuente sr.(my father) gave an ultimatum, or offer they could not refuse, "get this right or get another customer!".... I wish sometimes the Fuente/Newman sales organization would not disclose exactly what happens on a moment to moment situation, since no one else that I am aware of, in the cigar industry, does this.......We are constantly criticized for WHAT WE TRY TO DO RIGHT. your island friend, carlito ps......Snap out of it!!

So some Añejos showed up in early December as normal, and others will be showing up soon (if they haven't hit already).

Ill add some fuel to the fire I guess. I heard a story which they swear is true from my B&M today that is simular to what Moki posted. They are even saying these smokes wont be out until after the holidays. Even worse alot of the smokes appear to have gotten moldy since they spent 3 weeks longer out of the proper storage. Do I believe it? I guess its possible.

D

Ill add some fuel to the fire I guess. I heard a story which they swear is true from my B&M today that is simular to what Moki posted. They are even saying these smokes wont be out until after the holidays. Even worse alot of the smokes appear to have gotten moldy since they spent 3 weeks longer out of the proper storage. Do I believe it? I guess its possible.

Yes, this does appear to be the case.

Well,

This might explain the Sharks that BobbyRitz received, twice.

Wilkey

Miami. Distribution is done by account! Most good accounts get 5-7 boxes of holiday stuff. To get any more than that you have to have been with them forever! The ultimate decision on the sort is by the rep. He's given so many boxes to split among his accounts! The additional stuff is sent out by Wayne Suarez(sp)! It has nothing to do with the location of the account!
Thanks for the clarification, all of that seems to make sense.

Similar here. B&M claims no holiday Hemmingways until after christmas, and the few Anejos they had were moldy.