• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A# - 57 octaves below middle C

Horse

Member 200
Astronomers have detected the deepest note ever generated in the cosmos, a B-flat (A#) flying through space like a ripple on an invisible pond. No human will actually hear the note, because it is 57 octaves below the keys in the middle of a piano. The detection was made with NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory and announced at a press conference 9/10

I bet I could nearly match it...when I've got the flu :p

What frequency is that?

Let see, if Concert A=440...one octave below is 220, then 110, ..55, 22.5, 11.125, 5.635, 2.8125, 1.4....

That is slooooooooooooooooooooooooow (a really low note for those non-musical folks)

Almost unfathomable! 57 halvings of ~440Hz

Cheers,
Dixie

LuckyDawg said:
that'll tear up your speakers!!
On the contrary, your speakers wouldn't budge. The waveform would be too slow to create any motion in your speakers.

Sorry... I know you were just kidding... ???

sorry, professor. i promise i'll do the assigned reading
next time, but you see, there was this beautiful young co-ed......

blair said:
LuckyDawg said:
that'll tear up your speakers!!
On the contrary, your speakers wouldn't budge. The waveform would be too slow to create any motion in your speakers.

Sorry... I know you were just kidding... ???
I disagree! :)

From what I've calculated, the motion would be far slower than humans eyes can detect...and obviously lower than we can feel/hear.

However, the speaker's cone will move. The power of the amp will force it to the Xmax (the maximum linear excursion a speaker's construction will allow).

Yup, before cigars, I had my car audio.

Cheers,
Dixie

OK, so I suppose I could put the disclaimer on this that no electronics equipment I know of can produce such a frequency. Also, I think there is some lower threshold to the frequency electricy can produce... ??? Or the Imedance of any known metalic cabling would cancel out the wavelength well before reaching that low a freq.....

OK, let's call it a draw :p

Cheers,
Dixie

I remember reading that from the crest of one soundwave to the next was measured in "light years" :0

LuckyDawg said:
sorry, professor. i promise i'll do the assigned reading
next time, but you see, there was this beautiful young co-ed......
just one?

dude you obviously went to the wrong college.
:D

I am just glad that the weekend starts at 3:20 tommorrow.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

dixieland_conjunction said:
OK, let's call it a draw :p

Cheers,
Dixie
Sorry. It's no draw. The wave is simply too slow. It would look like a dc signal for all intensive purposes.

blair said:
Sorry. It's no draw. The wave is simply too slow. It would look like a dc signal for all intensive purposes.
:0 Ooooh, OK. I see what you're saying :thumbs: