• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Bad Friggin Day

gunsandcigars88

Monday I purchased a first for me that I was VERY excited about. My first Wilson Combat AR 15. 20" fluted barrel, ACE skeleton stock, free floated 14" quad rail flat top. What was going to be a superb long range rifle when I finished with all the mods I was getting ordered. When my trainer found out what I paid for it said he was worried about it. He had caught this dealer before taking Big Name receivers, and putting bad parts on them to make it look like the Big Name brand. He told me that I should call the manufacturer and have them check the serial # and see what the gun was like when they shipped it out. When I called them they confirmed what my trainer was worried about. When they ran the serial # it showed the entire order. This "new" "Wilson" was a Wilson Combat receiver only ordered in Dec. 2005. I was absolutely LIVID!!! I contacted an investigator and found that if I decided to file it would be a Felony fraud case. I finished getting ready and high-tailed it to the gun shop. As soon as I walked in to the shop the owner asked me if there was a problem with the gun. I quickly said yes, and described that I had just called Wilson Combat about it. he got a worried look on his face and asked me what I meant. I then explained that I now knew that what I had purchased was a fake. He quickly wanted to know how I "knew" that. When I told him that the serial # showed that his entire order was the receiver only with that serial #. He started studdering trying to make an explanation, and shaking a little bit. I quickly told him that I wanted my money back now. He proceeded to quickly give me my cash back before he had any other problems on his hand. I am mostly dissapointed that he did this to me, because I have shopped there since I was a little kid. :( It just really pisses me off that after that long he can just try and screw me over like that to make a buck.
B

I would turn him in. That is not how you run a store. If he is doing this to you, a long time customer, what other kinds of dealings is he doing.

I own a Colt AR-15 and love the gun. I highly recommend one.

You ought to report him anyways, since he's certainly screwed many others that were not as informed as you were. And will probably continue to screw others in the future.

Be glad that you found out when you did and received you money back. If this guy has been known to do this in the past and is still doing it - he obviously really does not care and hopefully it won't be long till someone does turn his stupid ass in.

I'd rat him out to Wilson. They don't want their stuff misrepresented and I'm sure they'd be interested.

FWIW - I have two Bushmasters in the safe; one with a 20" fluted barrel and a scope, one with the civi "M4" top and a red dot. I ordered complete lower assemblies from a gun dealer and ordered the tops directly from Bushmaster built just the way I wanted them. Very high quality weapons, great folks to deal with....easy to recommend.

Good Luck - B.B.S.

Who's shop is it? I'll make sure NOT to go there.

Turn him in and then start looking for another rifle. No AR-15 will ever be a superb long range shooter no matter how much money you throw at it. Or maybe your idea of long range isn't the same as mine.

What was going to be a superb long range rifle when I finished with all the mods

That sucks. At least you got your money back. I would be willing to bet that this happens pretty often. There are probably many people that think their rifle was made by the company whose name is on the lower receiver when in fact it is a parts gun with a brand name lower.

I'd rat him out to Wilson. They don't want their stuff misrepresented and I'm sure they'd be interested.

I am calling them tomorrow for sure. I am not pressing charges due to how long we've known him, but I hope to hell they do! And I hope that he loses his license over it!

FWIW - I have two Bushmasters in the safe; one with a 20" fluted barrel and a scope, one with the civi "M4" top and a red dot. I ordered complete lower assemblies from a gun dealer and ordered the tops directly from Bushmaster built just the way I wanted them. Very high quality weapons, great folks to deal with....easy to recommend.

Good Luck - B.B.S.

Bushmaster does make some good guns, but I already have a Rock River Arms Entry Tactical. I was just wanting to get one of the more elite brands, due to their performance capabilities.

Please tell me this isn't who I think it is???

It is EXACTLY who you think that it is!

Who's shop is it? I'll make sure NOT to go there.
Anyone who would like to know can PM me and I will say, but I don't want to put it in this thread just yet. But he is a local dealer in Paris and not the Dallas area.

Turn him in and then start looking for another rifle. No AR-15 will ever be a superb long range shooter no matter how much money you throw at it. Or maybe your idea of long range isn't the same as mine.

What was going to be a superb long range rifle when I finished with all the mods

Actually with the right things done to it they are VERY accurate rifles. One custom I was recently looking at was guaranteed to shoot 1" at 400 yards. Pretty accurate in my book. But of course with the .223 round you are not going to go past 750 and do much good, out of a 20" barrel that is. But that does enough for me
B

That really sucks Brandon. I'm not sure I'd file charges, but I'd quickly Wilson and the entire internet know.

Actually with the right things done to it they are VERY accurate rifles. One custom I was recently looking at was guaranteed to shoot 1" at 400 yards. Pretty accurate in my book. But of course with the .223 round you are not going to go past 750 and do much good, out of a 20" barrel that is. But that does enough for me
B

1" or 1 MOA ? That sounds like quite a feat at that distance. Of course I have been wrong before. :D

B

1" or 1 MOA ? That sounds like quite at that distance. Of course I have been wrong before. :D

1" is what it was guaranteed at. I was shocked to see it as well, but from what I heard it is FAR behind my budget. lol
B