• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A bad haircut, and a new discovery.....Local B&M

Needed a haircut today so I tried out a little barbershop here in town. the guy runnin the show was this really old little man. Guy was very nice and the shop was very nostalgic, but in the end, I got some good conversation, but a really messed up haircut ;)

While I was sitting in the chair, I saw a business across the street with a sign that said Cigar Lounge! The barber told me the place was new and was thinking they'd be open tomorrow. After my haircut I went over and looked in the window and they saw me and let me in. This is going to be great! A couple big screens, some beers etc on tap, a nice little cigar selection for sale, and lots of comfy places to sit. This is awesome! The place is less then 10 minutes from my house!

Place is located in Kernersville NC if anyone is interested in making a trip.

Sounds like a great find! Your description reminds me of the lounge by my house, 5 flat screen TVs, 6 beers on tap, full liquor bar, large comfy leather couches/recliners.

I have a cigar lounge by my house less than 5 minutes away. The only thing it requires a membership $125 a month or $1,200 in full for the whole year.

Do you have to have a membership to use it? When a lounge opened up in Oxford, MS they wanted about $750 annually to use the space. It was designed to keep college students from taking over, but resulted in people like me not going and slowly not buying.

Yes you have to be a member. You can buy cigars but just can't use the lounge. They also have an outside patio with multiple fire pits, and tables you can use after hours. The members get keys to gain access to the patio only. It's a really nice place, but very expensive.

I have a cigar lounge by my house less than 5 minutes away. The only thing it requires a membership $125 a month or $1,200 in full for the whole year.
....you know what? If it was close to me, I'd take a deep breath and pay it. Here in the People's Republic of Washington State, smoking is banned on ALL public property....except the Indian reservations. And, I don't have any tribal land close.... They've even gone so far as to ban smoking of any kind in public parks. Yes, the outdoor kind.... :angry:

....you know what? If it was close to me, I'd take a deep breath and pay it. Here in the People's Republic of Washington State, smoking is banned on ALL public property....except the Indian reservations. And, I don't have any tribal land close.... They've even gone so far as to ban smoking of any kind in public parks. Yes, the outdoor kind.... :angry:

Wow. Horrible. Here in The San Gabriel Valley of Southen California smoking is allowed pretty much anywhere. I have numerous restaurants nearby who allow smoking in there patio.

Also bars and wine bars where you can smoke as well. If I didn't have choices of where I can go to smoke and have some beers, I would definitely pay the price. But for now I'm happy sitting either in my own back yard. Or at a local restaurant.

I found a B&M about half a mile away from me the other day with a great assortment of Oliva, Fuente, Ashton. LFD, Tats, etc. You can smoke in the shop which has a mediocre tv and a nice sofa, but there's a Membership room in the back with some big screen tvs, nicer sofas, etc. Membership fee for the nice room is $400/year, plus you get 20% off all purchases. Locker fee is $50 for the first year $100 after that.

Think I'm probably going to pull the plug on that one. The 20% would bring a short story maduro down to about $5.

We're pretty limited here in Iowa as well. The only indoor public places where smoking is allowed are tobacco retailers, and then only if the smoke cannot reach an area where smoking is otherwise prohibited (e.g. a bar). And, since there are no tobacco retailers within 30 miles of me, and even then there are no tobacco retailers that aren't also something else, such as a liquor store, I'm just SOL. I think the nearest place I could go would be a cigar lounge about 80 miles away.

I feel your pain...in NJ we have that AND MORE. Add in beaches, downtown sidewalks, and anywhere in close proximity of a school or government building....like across the street! They were toying with the idea of fining parents who were found smoking in their car with their kids and banning smoking in people's own back yards (if the houses were X-number of feet apart) before the change in Governor was made.

If someone with a child approaches you when you're smoking, they already have a lawyer by their side ready to prosecute. I had a lady approach me on our municipal beach (I was next to the small, packed smoking section), with a sustained breeze of 25 to 30mph, say I as giving her kids cancer with my cigar smoke. I told her to get lost and she called the Police on me. The cops that showed up were guys from our local B&M and told her to STFU...in a very nice way. She was pissed...funny part was, she had no Daily beach badge and was asked to leave by the same Police Officers!

We're all going to be outlaws in a few short years if this anti smoking movement keeps gaining momentum. Sometimes I think we're sticking our fingers in a dike with this issue.

Not sure if there is a fee to join. They said they are having a "soft" opening tomorrow, might go check it out.