• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Bag Full of Morons

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
ADDENDUM#1

Since publishing this post, I've had an onslaught of fellow BOTL telling me their stories and all knew who I was talking about. They haven't commented below because in order to do so, you must become a member. But conservatively, I've had over 50 emails in the last couple of hours. All good men, one and all.

Cigar chat forums are a great way to congenially converse with guys who share the same passion for cigars.

Some are very good. Everyone is pretty laid back... and then there are the ones that are all fucked up. Anonymity makes stupid people into Napoleon. They become bullies and say stupid things and question the simplest things... like they just shit their brains out after their first cup of coffee.

I briefly belonged to one, and today, threw in the towel. Its my fault, of course. Most guys are idiots when it comes to understanding things with any sincerity or depth. And some of the chat forums are the center of the universe for that. You've got your old timers who have been members for years and think they are the bosses of everyone..they are the biggest bullies. And then you have the remora fish who jump in and hit you with a small stick and say, "Yeah, take that..." And then run back under a rock and wait for the bully shark to bear its teeth again.

You really know you're in trouble when they start doing research on you.

"It says here that you...so and so...So you're a bull shitter, right?" I actually was confronted about a review in which I placed myself in Israel for the setting of the cigar review(It's on this blog). Once they found out that I inserted that into the story....so that it would BE A STORY~they gasped for breath and pointed the finger and said that the cigar review must be bullshit too. Obviously, they can't read. You can't fake a cigar review. Not good ones. Mine are good.

I am astounded at such moronic thinking. I created a story around a review and they can't fathom it. They prefer to hear..."It's a strong cigar. And it lasted 90 minutes. Thank you."

I tried to reason with them and I just end up stepping on my own dick because they don't have the intelligence to understand anything other than simplistic ideas.

I was sent a 5 pack from a cigar store and then at the end of my review I show their site link and I'm being accused of being a shill...that I work secretly for the company. The concept of saying thank you for some cigars is unheard of in their universe.

I won't say the name of the forum because I don't want to start something. But after I gave up...they all jumped in and said, "Yeah, good thing he's gone because it was going to get rough. We sure showed him who's the boss..didn't we? Huh?" And then they pant like well behaved mutts.

There are some mighty fine forums where everyone is laid back and bullies don't exist. Everyone is fun and supportive and interesting...and they are SMART! There are some really good forums out there but the shit ones really fuck it ip for newcomers.

Until 4 months ago, I never joined a cigar forum....just read them. If you would like a list of good ones and bad ones, email me at phillipkohn@katmancross.com

I had to vent. Don't know why. I just can't stomach stupid bullies. Really rubs me the wrong way.

G'Day!

This is related to this thread here...

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=68094

I have to admit I loled.

I hate bullshitters way worse than bullies.

Way, way worse.

With a bullshitter, when they apologize, are they sincere? With a bullshitter, when they say, "....naw, that's a story, what really happened is..."....can I believe them?

At the end of the day, we are who we are, plain and simple. Tell me the truth, or GTFO.

B.B.S.

I hate bullshitters way worse than bullies.

Way, way worse.

With a bullshitter, when they apologize, are they sincere? With a bullshitter, when they say, "....naw, that's a story, what really happened is..."....can I believe them?

At the end of the day, we are who we are, plain and simple. Tell me the truth, or GTFO.

B.B.S.

Amen Tom, thing is no one bullied him. I sniffed B.S. PMed Gary and got the ball rolling. No one was anything but polite.

ITT, just a buncha gd bullies. I will change my opinon though if you send me some free cigars.

ITT, just a buncha gd bullies. I will change my opinon though if you send me some free cigars.

"Grabs the toilet paper" Sure thing bro... let me whip up a few of the "house brand" for you.

Geez! I started to read that, but shit! Anyone have the Cliff Notes? He can really write a novel, and I need to get at least ten minutes of work in today. :sign:

Geez! I started to read that, but shit! Anyone have the Cliff Notes? He can really write a novel, and I need to get at least ten minutes of work in today. :sign:
Cliffs of his tome: He's a storyteller amongst the likes of Twain and Hemingway, and we're all assholes......:p

Cliffs of his tome: He's a storyteller amongst the likes of Twain and Hemingway, and we're all assholes......:p

:laugh: Thanks Tom! Coming from you, I'll take it at face value.

I didn't realize I was an asshole, but good to know!

Poor guy just can't man up, and leave well enough alone. I knew something was fishy with this guy when he wrote this review.

I for one am proud of how you guys dealt with him, I might just send him a 5er of kleenex for all those tears.

He got free samples from retailers to do reviews, and at the same time pimped himself out as some down-on-his-luck charity case, and to top it off comes across, or is genuinely a pathological liar?

Yeah, um, pass.

Sure, you guys are all puffy and swelled up now, but what are you going to do when he sends the Jewish Mafia after ya.

Doc.

Sure, you guys are all puffy and swelled up now, but what are you going to do when he sends the Jewish Mafia after ya.

Doc.

I'm in Germany... I doubt thats going to be much of a problem.

He is right, you guys are a bag of morons!

ETA: Speaking of non sequiturs... Shawn that torch just saved my life in Vegas, thought you should know it still works awesome :thumbs:

He is right, you guys are a bag of morons!

ETA: Speaking of non sequiturs... Shawn that torch just saved my life in Vegas, thought you should know it still works awesome :thumbs:
Gee, Phil, you speak like there's some exclusivity there......:p