• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A big day in a golfer's life

FlyFish

OK, this is admittedly a proud Papa's look at me thread but so what.

My 13 year old David is attending a YMCA First Tee program this week. He's a golf nut but as a beginner his skills have not caught up to his enthusiasm.

Yesterday an a par three he made a 2. I was at work so I didn't see it and he's a quiet kid who's answer to any question is to shrug and say it's no big deal, but I know he is pretty proud of himself. When he told me he had made one I could see that smile that I just love to see.

He announced at dinner Tuesday that he will beat me by the time he is 16. I'm a six handicap so I hope he does beat me, and I hope he beats me by allot because college is expensive............................................................................

That's great stuff.

I am in my late 20's and I look forward to playing golf with my Father more than anything on the planet. We live about 3-4 hours apart, so we usually only play a couple times a year. However, those are great times.

Sounds like your son had the first "one that keeps you coming back"....

Very nice. Congratulate him for all of us!!!

I am in my late 20's and I look forward to playing golf with my Father more than anything on the planet. We live about 3-4 hours apart, so we usually only play a couple times a year. However, those are great times.

My Dad and I live a 20 hour drive apart (although if Quebec separated it would knock 8 hours off the drive :laugh: :D ) and he hates golf, so I do have a certain amount of envy for those of you who can play the game with parents or kids.

I remember my first birdie. 17th hole at Hendrick's Field golf course. I was using a Pinnacle gold. That was in seventh grade. I now try to play with my dad every Saturady almost and we still have a blast. It has allowed us to stay close.

That's awesome FF!!! Be proud!!! :thumbs:
I just turned 30 a couple of months back, and have yet to play a round with my dad... :(
He's about 3hrs away, but we've been talking, and in the next couple of weeks I'm going to head over there, and finally golf with his old ass!!! :thumbs:

Awesome! Enjoy it...............They grow up quick.

It's nice to see someone that young with a good clean passion. And, a father that is proud and full of encouragement.

Not much of a golfer here but my dad was back in the day. I finally beat him about a year ago at one of the local miniature golf courses near Schaumburg. Kept the score card just to rub it in his face. Congrats to your son! He's only 13 but he's much further along then I'll ever be

Back