• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Blend to beware of!

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
I put this in another thread where it didn't really belong, so here it is by itself.

I pretty much love all of the Gawith blends. I've got multiple tins of HoTW, Old Gowrie, 3 Noggins, and others.

But I have no idea WHAT their blenders were thinking of when they put out XBlend!!! Oh, the hype!! Aged tobaccos, numbered tins, a limited release!

Apparently, nobody over there ever actually smoked a pipeful of this stuff!! If you ever see it advertised, DO NOT waste your money!! I have a tin bought last year. I've gone back to it 3 times now, hoping that some time will work some miracle.

Ain't gonna happen. If this were the first blend from this company that someone smoked, I'd venture that they'd either never try another blend from them or give up pipes forever.

You have been warned!!! :sign: :sign: :sign:

I'm a fan of Samuel Gawith tobaccos but had never heard of this one. So I consulted my Tobacco on-line bible.

Looks like you aren't alone hating this tobacco Pal. CLICK ME!!

Yup, that's my review at the bottom. I felt it was my duty to warn folks, despite my usually shy and retiring nature. :sign: :sign: :sign:

I'll give ya one more Bob, Mac Baren's The Cube. This has got to be the worst tobacco I'v ever tried, thank god I smoked it in a cob.

EDIT for the ps

PS

If there is a aromatic smoker out there that would like to try this I'll be glad to get it out of my house.

Thanks for the heads up.

I too am a SW fan, and might have might have fallen for the hype.