• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A bold statement about Cuban cigars

prophetic_joe

not sure if this has been posted but I was looking at cigars international and came across an interesting description of a cigar and some things just made me pause for a second and say "Wow".

The heavenly taste of a 1959 Cuban…at a Joe Six-Pack price!

Most know that despite the hype and reputation, the shine is gone from the Cuban cigar industry. Thanks to decades of communism and the exodus of cigar making talent, the best cigars being made today come from outside Cuba. But in their heyday, Cuban cigars were the pinnacle of the cigar maker’s art. Those that remember the legendary, authentic Cuban cigars know that they tasted sort of like vanilla ice cream soda. And about halfway through, you’d get a bit light-headed and realize that these babies were potent – but you’d notice it more in the belly than in the palate. “Original” Cubans bring back that incredibly taste. Made in the Dominican Republic by Hendrik “Henke” Kelner, these beauties offer a perfect draw and sweet, smooth power that pleases the palate, all while tricking the belly into thinking these are the real deal. Covered in a gorgeous Ecuadorian Sun-Grown (ESG) wrapper leaf, you will fall in love with these cigars!

"Original" Cubans - a time machine back to pre-Castro Havana.

I find this very amusing.

Well, it's just marketing... what do you expect?

It's based on truths, the Cuban cigar industry isn't what it once was, and cigar manufacturers outside of Cuba have made great strides in the past decade or two.

It's also opinion; some people do think Cuba used to make the best cigars, but no longer does. Other people scoff at this, and believe that Cuba is still the benchmark.

So... whatever. :)

btw, Hendrik is the guy who blended the Avo 22s, among other cigars.

Jeez, if it's printed in the CI catalog, it MUST be true....right??.... :laugh: :laugh:

B.B.S.

Hey I'm all for domestics, I think there are quite a few of them that outshine Cubans, I just found it interesting for a company to make a statement like that. I know there just trying to sell there product but it was just funny to me lol. The stuff people with say in ads.

If they really thought that the best cigars were no longer cubans, why would they call their product "Original" Cubans? Why wouldn't they try to produce the best cigar rather than a knock-off of something that isn't even the best, by their own terms?

Advertising... sometimes I just don't get it. Like Diet Dr. Pepper. "Tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper!" More than what? Lemonade? Good job.

If they really thought that the best cigars were no longer cubans, why would they call their product "Original" Cubans? Why wouldn't they try to produce the best cigar rather than a knock-off of something that isn't even the best, by their own terms?

The whole marketing is based around the fact that the cigars are as good as the cigars that were made before 1959 and the Cuban revolution. Hence the term "Original" Cubans. They're saying the "original" cubans are the best cigars and not the ones being produced today. So by their own terms, they are producing the best.

I could see some truth in that statement. IMHO, only about %25-%30 of the product that comes out of Cuba I consider to be "world class" cigars. The same can be said of the DR, HON or, NIC. The rest are about a B--,C+ or below. I like cigars from everywhere because they represent the taste profile of what comes out of their native soils. Again, that's just my opinion.

I could see some truth in that statement. IMHO, only about %25-%30 of the product that comes out of Cuba I consider to be "world class" cigars. The same can be said of the DR, HON or, NIC. The rest are about a B--,C+ or below. I like cigars from everywhere because they represent the taste profile of what comes out of their native soils. Again, that's just my opinion.

Agreed. I think anyone who banters around the term "Cuban cigars" is an idiot anyway. As if it means anything. ???

I mean... okay... that says the cigars are from a country called Cuba. So what?

It's based on truths, the Cuban cigar industry isn't what it once was, and cigar manufacturers outside of Cuba have made great strides in the past decade or two.

It's also opinion; some people do think Cuba used to make the best cigars, but no longer does. Other people scoff at this, and believe that Cuba is still the benchmark.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Even if Fidel kicks the bucket tomorrow, we're a LONG way away from forgiveness. Right now, Cuba is THE most dangerous country in this hemisphere.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Even if Fidel kicks the bucket tomorrow, we're a LONG way away from forgiveness. Right now, Cuba is THE most dangerous country in this hemisphere.

That is the funniest thing I've read on the board in ages smurfy. The '56 Chevy Belair fitted with nuclear launchers is particularly frightening.
You so funny!

NA

That is the funniest thing I've read on the board in ages smurfy. The '56 Chevy Belair fitted with nuclear launchers is particularly frightening.
You so funny!

NA

I'm so glad you find me entertaining. :thumbs:

I fear Canada more....

I fear Canada more....

We're loading up our dog sleds and bunkering down in our igloos as we speak. Let the invasion begin!

I fear Canada more....

And you should be !
We have strong arms and our aim is dead on.
You'd be surprised how much damage rocks and snowballs can do !

I fear Canada more....

And you should be !
We have strong arms and our aim is dead on.
You'd be surprised how much damage rocks and snowballs can do !

Don't forget hockey sticks. :sign:

True ! a hockey stick to the shin can bring down an army in no time !