• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A bottle of Scotch I can't drink

oknewb

I have not tried any scotch that I would say I did not like, until tonight. Passport Scotch, a blended scotch that I paid $15 for the liter. Anyway, it tasted like mold and dirt. I have tried blended scotches in the past that were not the best, but a little bit of ice usually helped. However, I took three drinks of this and just couldn't take it anymore. Just a little info if anyone is ever debating on a bottle.

DSCN1864.jpg

On base, that stuff is on the shelf right next to the "Military Special" brand jug o' Scotch. The bottom shelf, that is.

On base, that stuff is on the shelf right next to the "Military Special" brand jug o' Scotch. The bottom shelf, that is.

:laugh: Whenever my Guard unit drills at Camp Atterbury here in Indiana, I try to swing by the PX to pick up some cheap booze. I've seen that crap sitting on the shelfs, something like $9 for a full freakin' handle. Never been brave enough to buy it, but it MUST be absolute hog piss.

If you gotta buy the cheap stuff the best of the bottom shelf is Cluny IMO. They at least do some real blending with over 30 grain and malt whiskies in the blend.

OOOOh, Passport (and Inverness). Before I knew anything about scotch (what my father drank), I drank that stuff. Looking back I don't know how I survived. :laugh:

OOOOh, Passport (and Inverness). Before I knew anything about scotch (what my father drank), I drank that stuff. Looking back I don't know how I survived. :laugh:

FYI: Military Special is the exact same stuff as Clan MacGregor. And if I were buying inexpensive, I'd buy Whiteside 86.8, which is also the same as Clan MacGregor, but higher proof for less $$

Michael

FYI: Military Special is the exact same stuff as Clan MacGregor. And if I were buying inexpensive, I'd buy Whiteside 86.8, which is also the same as Clan MacGregor, but higher proof for less $$

Michael

I have since graduated to single malts, although I still will use blended scotch when mixing with soda. Tastes change/develop the longer and the more you experiment with the varied tastes of scotch.