• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A call to all Texan's

Aces - You da Man -

I'm not a big erosion guy but let's talk! Mostly deal with further downstream operations after the sand is caput! Would love to talk though...

Actually not down for a NACE event but similar...I'm instructing a tech course offered by Clarion on Direct Assessment...
:D

:0 :0 Enough of this thread jack - My apologies to Horse!

Maybe we can get together Wednesday PM for cigars, drink and chat! :D :D

PS I always bring my own Cigars.... ;) ;)

kurtcigar1 said:
:0 :0 Enough of this thread jack - My apologies to Horse!

PS I always bring my own Cigars.... ;) ;)
No threadjack, 'cuz you will become a Texan after you visit with us. Get your U-Haul ready! :D

Cool on the teaching stuff, about 50% of my consulting practice is formal classroom instruction to oil & gas company engineers.

PM sent.

4A

Big Slim Junior said:
I know it's probably pretty novel in TX, but we have indoor plumbing up here. :p

:D :D :D
You mean your toilets are inside your homes? How revolting! In civilized parts, the crapper should be kept outside and well away from the place where one sleeps and eats. You folks have a lot to learn from us up there! :D :D :D

Allofus123 said:
Looks like 4A beat me to the Downing Street suggestion. Agree that the "action" picks up later into the night at this place..... somewhat a 20's/30's crowd last time I was there.  Early afternoon one can enjoy a cigar without it being a crowded bar scene.

Keep me posted on whatever is decided and I'll try and make it.
Allofus123,

How 'bout Wed evening? Some Club Stogie guys might show also. You are correct about the 20-30's crowd, but that tends to be more on Thu evenings when the girls come out to man-hunt. Tue-Wed evenings appears to be pretty tame, IMO, and one can get a table or get into deep chair/couch areas if one arrives early enough. Usually wife and I go on a Tue-Wed evening. Jazz trio on those evenings also, but much later.

You are correct on early afternoon. Did that yesterday. Able to read the newspaper in quiet peace, smoke a 'gar, and have a martini. :) Smoked a 'gar that CC86 traded with me.

I think Kurt's teaching gig goes all day, so it would have to be after regular business hours.

Cheers,

4A

Talked to the wife and got my kitchen pass. :)

I think we're tentively shooting for Wed around 5ish. The time will depend on when Kurt finishes up his day. Would like to get the leather couch and chair area up front if possible. Not sure if it will still be available at 5....we'll see. Kurt had mentioned catching a taxi to Downing....LOL....no way, I'll be picking him up in my Texas Cadillac. :0

Looking forward to enjoying some smoke with yall.

Sounds Great Folks...

I'll try to finish up as early as possible and beat feet to the door!

Looking forward to a little Herf Texas Style! :D :D

Kurt

Whew!!! Guys I have to come up for air from that other thread! Gasp!

So Allofus123, are you really going to pick up Kurt at the hotel? And is five okay? If you want to bring your wife along, I can probably get mine to join, but she probably wouldn't get there till well after five, unless I can get her to leave the office early. So let me know if with or without ladies.

4A

Well I guess this topic is as good as any to introduce myself.

I have been lurking here for about 3 months or so. I really didn't want to post just yet, but my duty to my homeland requires me to.

I've been stuck in Oklahoma for over 7 years, but I'm a born and bred 4th generation Texan. I've been smoking cigars for about a year now. My girlfriend bought me a cigar hoping to turn me away from cigarettes.. . . And boy did it ever work!!!

My newbie taste includes Fuente Hemmingway’s and 8-5-8s', CAO mx2s' and gols', Bolivar belicosos, Padron 2000, 3000, and 4000s', Punch, and few more. . .
Hopefully my taste will broaden as time passes. I haven't had a Habanno yet. But I can't wait until
I do. Hopefully the anticipation doesn't kill my first experience.

I have learned so much from this board. I can't say Thank You enough for all the time and money saved from reading the posts here. I can't wait to learn more. I feel that there is so much ahead.

God Bless Texas

It's always nice to have another Texan on the board. Welcome! Lets show these heathens how we do it around here! (with a beer in one hand, and a steak in the other!) :D

Mmmmmmm.......That sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!

<voice=homersimpson>
mmmmmmmmmmm......beer
mmmmmmmmmmm......steak
</voice>

oh, and WELCOME! :D

Welcome Texan!!

I'm a big fan of the Lone Star State but alas, I'm born and bred in Connecticut but I love them Astros :thumbs: and find all the CPer's to be some of the BEST guys we've got here ;)