• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Christams Story

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
Reaction score
My son and I typically watch "A Christmas Story" all day on Christmas but unfortunately he is sick today. This movie is a classic!

I just turned it on and the scene was the "Soap Poisoning" scene soon followed by the "Orphan Annie Decoder Pin" scene where Ralphie decodes the secret message that tells him to be sure to drink his Ovaltine.........to which he utters the "A crummy commercial..............son of a bitch"

Last year my son bought me a Ruger Super Redhawk 44 magnum pistol which he hid behind the bar in the dining room, he had told me my main gift had not arrived yet and would be here the following week. After all the presents were open he played the scene where Ralphie's dad gives him the Red Ryder BB gun to perfection! It was truly a classic moment.

As the tradition follows in my family, we always watch "A Cristmas Story" on Christmas Day as well. A couple of my favorite scenes... when Ralphie drops the lugnuts, "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhhh" LOL! :laugh: You also gotta love the old man... the "Furnace Fighter". LMAO! How about when he wins the "Major award"! Funny stuff. Yup... gotta love the holidays!

It truly is a timeless classic, but does it really have to be on for 24 straight hours?

My favorite scene is... "Soap poisoning...."

Fish

24 hrs is not even enough, by far on of the best movies ever. I have, like all others, seen this movie a million times and still laugh my @ss off. From begining to end the absolute Christmas movie.... Happy Holidays. Gotta run I think its on again..lol.

We bought my father in law the "Major Award" this year for xmas. H put that son of a bitch right in the front bay window. My mom in law could have killed us!!

We bought my father in law the "Major Award" this year for xmas. H put that son of a bitch right in the front bay window. My mom in law could have killed us!!

I bought by dad one last year. It was great! We wanted to get the giant box it came in but I wasn't about to pay $$$ for a wood box, so me and my brother built it. It was much bigger than we needed (in the area of 6'x3'x3') Tacked the award telegram to the front of the box and rang the door bell Christmas morning.

A couple years ago my dad hid a Red Ryder BB gun in the corner behind a bookcase and gave it to my brother. That really did piss my mom off :D . She's fine with us having BB and pellet guns now, but at the time she didn't want anything like that in the house (she thought it would be a danger to my little sister). Funny how my mom is pro gun rights but would probably shoot me or my dad if one of us brought a gun into the home.

"I triple dog dare you!"
I love that scene, when Flick sticks his tounge to the flag pole.

"Sons a bitches, Bumpases!!!"
When the dogs take the turkey.

"It's smiling at me."
The chinese guy cuts off the ducks head at the end, and the chinese christmas carolers.

Then there's always National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. "Griswold....where do you think you're gonna fit a tree that Big? Bend over, I'll show ya."

I have a replica "major award" in my office as we speak. It comes out at Christmas every year. Funny mini-story. My new IT guy had never seen my lamp and when it came out this yerar he walked in the office, saw it and without missing a beat said...."It's indescribably beautiful" I was LMAO.

I don't think I have a favorite scene. I've seen it through a hundred million times and every year on Christmas Eve at 8 PM the TV goes on.

I do have a favorite line. Narrator says.....My old man worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium....a Master.

Simply one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. I think my favorite line is when the wife breaks the "Major Award" and The Old Man can only manage to say: "Nottafinger." Simply hilarious.