• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A cigar sale heads up and explanation

sinnyc

Tibi ipsi esto fidelis.
Hello folks,

I hope everyone has been doing well. Life is good with me: I managed to hold on to my job through the hell of the last few years, spring has come early to Minnesota, and my wife is due with our second child on 3/27 so we've been battening down the hatches getting ready for round 2. I'm writing this post as a way to answer some questions I suspect some of you may have by later this evening and I can reference this post without taking up more space later. Read on and you'll understand.

I'm going to be putting a large number of cigars up for sale on in the B/S/T section over the next few days/weeks and I figured I better give an explanation or I'd get buried in PM's.

I smoked cigarettes for over 25 years and then quit when around 7 years ago. It was tough but I was able to do it eventually. Then, after over 3 years without a cigarette, I decided, for some reason that defies any logic, to have one. I slowly went from an occasional one to and on and off smoker and eventually to buying cartons again. I tried to stop again and couldn't do it. That infuriated me.

Last fall I discovered that a friend of mine who had smoked for 30 years had stopped by using electronic cigarettes. He said he successfully quit in one day. I was pretty skeptical but I decided to check them out. He came over in Late November with several different e-cigs and let me try them. I was intrigued and ordered my own that night. I did not expect it to work which, in my mind, made it even more
incredible when it did even though I had such a negative mindset. And by saying it worked, I mean instantly. Since the day after I received my first e-cig in mid-December, I haven't smoked a cigarette. So, hooray for me. Now on to the strange part...

A completely unforeseen and unintended side effect has been a significantly reduced desire to smoke anything: cigarettes, cigars, or pipes. I've also stopped using the Swedish snus I'd been using for years. In a nutshell, I'm satisfying my nicotine addiction in a way which, for me, is a much more convenient and has significantly reduced health risks. I've gone from smoking at least 1 cigar a day to smoking 1 cigar every 7 to 10 days as well as completely eliminating the other ways I was consuming traditional tobacco. The thing is, I don't dislike cigars all of the sudden; I just have no drive to smoke them. Once I realized that, it became clear that keeping a bureau-sized humidor filled with cigars didn't make sense anymore.

My wife was beyond thrilled by this unexpected turn of events and, once I added in the fact that we're about to have a 2nd child in the house, I decided to just roll with it. I made the decision to radically reduce my cigar collection by selling approximately 90% of it. I'll still keep something like 100 - 200 but the rest are all going to go.

I PM'd with Rod about this and received his permission to sell them here (following all of the standard CP rules, of course) and I've spent the past few weeks organizing, cataloging, and otherwise preparing.

At this point in the post I had originally planned to say that
I'm going to have a massive cigar sale. Then my local Minneapolis Herf crew got wind of my plan and made off with over 40% of my cigars like piranhas devouring a cow in a river. Originally over 1100 in total, I'm now down to around 600. I assume they'll be eating Ramen for a while so I figured now was the time to post the bulk of the sales here! So, I'll say that I'm having an almost-massive cigar sale :) I plan to put these up for sale in stages so I don't a) bury the B/S/T section and b) drive myself crazy. The first lots will go up later this evening so take a look if you like!

Best to all,

- Tim

P.S. If you have any questions, please ask them here rather than in PM unless it is a topic that is better suited to PM.

Congrats to you and you wife on you upcoming baby. Also go for you on your success of quitting smoking cigeretts.

Paul

I thought I was an honorary member of the MN, crew and got early dibs too? Bastard.

I thought I was an honorary member of the MN, crew and got early dibs too? Bastard.

Sorry Brent! I had no idea they were going to hit me as hard as they did. I'd promised several guys a shot at a few specific things they were interested in and when the smoke cleared I felt like hooker on New Year's Day.

- Tim

Blahblahblah. Post the damn sale! :D

Good to hear from you Tim and I'm happy for you and your newly expanding family. Good luck to you in staying of cigarettes. Be well buddy.

Blahblahblah. Post the damn sale! :D

Good to hear from you Tim and I'm happy for you and your newly expanding family. Good luck to you in staying of cigarettes. Be well buddy.

LOL, you and Brent are feisty tonight! Gotta get the 3 year old bathed and bedded. Posting 1st of at least 5 groups of sales around 8 Central time.

- Tim

Tim I can't believe the Minny crew left you anything to sell on here. Especially that Joe guy, all the best with the sale!

Pffft. I planted tobacco beetle larvae in all of your cigars :whistling:

Who are you?

Ouch.

Tim I can't believe the Minny crew left you anything to sell on here. Especially that Joe guy, all the best with the sale!

Tony, it was like half a dozen hungry 12 year old boys at a pizza party. Hmmm...come to think of it, a lot of the stuff we do is like that...

- Tim

More like like 12 year olds getting into the Playboy/Hustler stash, wish you had video of it!

Pffft. I planted tobacco beetle larvae in all of your cigars :whistling:

Who are you?

Ouch.

Tony, it was like half a dozen hungry 12 year old boys at a pizza party. Hmmm...come to think of it, a lot of the stuff we do is like that...

- Tim

More like like 12 year olds getting into the Playboy/Hustler stash, wish you had video of it!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So true... Maybe I'll bribe them all to NOT post the email chains ;)

- Tim

Part 2 is up HERE.

- Tim

Spending the night prepping about 20 boxes for shipping. Part 3 will go up tomorrow evening around 8:00 pm Central. If I can get part 4 ready that will go up as well.

- Tim

I'm shooting for Friday night, 3/23, around 8:30 central for Part 4 which may well be the cigar Grand Finale. It will be a blend of ISOM 5ers and mixed lots as well as high end and rare Domestics. If I can get it all together in time, this should just about finish off the cigar sales. Then I can move on to pipe tobacco, pipes, and misc accessories, lol.

- Tim