• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A few wines from a crazy wine weekend

NorCalCigarLover

The Wine Guy
Reaction score
We tried a lot of wine this weekend but here are the highlight's, I can add more thorough tasting note if anybody is interested.

Friday night: pizza night!
2005 Kosta Browne Kanzler Vineyard Pinot Noir - way too young but we had to see how it was showing ...... awesome!
2004 Montemaggiore Paolo's Vineyard Syrah - a new winery for us that specializes in Syrah. We tried them in a wine class recently and went right out and purchased what we could find of this wine, it was only 4 bottles. Highly recommended.

Saturday: tried at a friends dinner party, the food was fantastic as well.
1985 Rochioli West Block Vineyard
1987 Rochioli Estate Pinot Noir
1985 Rochioli Three Corner Vineyard
1985 Richardson Vineyards Syrah

Sunday: we went up to the Sierra Foothills to pick up some wine and have a nice romantic weekend. Along the way we stopped in Lodi for a tasting as well.
2006 Boitano Barbera - this was a barrel tasting but these folks make some fantastic Barbera's and this one is no different. Picked up a case on futures.
2005 Boitano Primativo - nice, nice, nice.
2006 Boitano Sapore Di Cielo (Super Tuscan Style) - another great food wine by this producer but seems like it will age well.

Monday: on the way home we hit a few more wineries
2007 Story Picnic Hill Vineyard Zinfandel - one of my top Zins but it needs at least 7-8 years of bottle age. This barrel sample may be the best since the 2001 vintage with great structure for aging.
2006 Vino Noceto Nutz Red Wine - a great value wine!
2005 Vino Noceto Sangiovese - good value and very good food wine
2004 Vino Noceto Reserva Sangiovese - This wine ROCKS!!

Until this weekend .....

:cool:

I anticipate being on Kosta Browne's waiting list another 10 years before I get a botlle to try at a reasonable price.

I was very, very fortunate to get on the KB list before there was even a list :laugh: , I even get the 4- barrel allocation. RR and SC Pinots are coming out in February, if you guys were going to the NorCal HERF I may be convinced to bring a bottle of KB :whistling: .

My wine group is doing another dinner at the Freeman caves next month which should be one hell of a wine event. We'll get to taste through barrel samples of KB along with A.P. Vin, August West and a few others. Last year I took cigars for our Dan Kosta and Andrew Vingiello and from what I hear they're looking forward to me bringing cigars again this year. I'll make sure to take pictures this year.

At last years Pinot Days Michael Browne was tasting through our wines and was over heard saying that if he didn't know better he would have sworn our Pinot was a KB wine :whistling: .

.... and if your a KB fan I would highly recommend Ketchum Estate wines as well. Tell them the Wine Pimp (David S.) sent you.

Hey NorCalCigarLover next time you go to Bointano make sure you stop into Pasos Winery. Antonio Pasos makes great italian style wines. He makes wine out of grapes most peopel don't use. Also, a nice little winery in the same Vino Piaza complex is Mokuleme Oaks. A real nice guy named Manny owns the place and makes some great wine. All his bottles are $14.95 and well worth it. Pasos is a little more but again well worth and being in the wine club helps also. I love Bointano though, the Santano and Good Ol Red goes over great at parties