• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A. Fuentes and Padróns

Markel

While I have my assortment of Habanos in the humidor, my everyday smoke has been an A. Fuente Petit Corona ... just big enough to manage during lunch before I have to get back into the office.

But last week I saw some Padrón 1926's in my tobacconist's humidor and decided to splurge and see what all the fuss was about. I was very happy that I did. Maduro wrapper, very rich. dark taste. Even the aroma before lighting was wonderful. Great, rich smoke with the most wonderful aroma as well.

I picked up a few to keep in my humidor for a special occasion next year. A bit pricy at $20/stick, but he also mentioned he had a few Milleniums in the back and would give me a good price on them ... so let's see ... THAT would be put away for the birth of my first grandchild ... hopefully at least 2 years away still. :D

Markel said:
But last week I saw some Padrón 1926's in my tobacconist's humidor and decided to splurge and see what all the fuss was about. I was very happy that I did. Maduro wrapper, very rich. dark taste. Even the aroma before lighting was wonderful. Great, rich smoke with the most wonderful aroma as well.
Great smokes, aren't they? Thanks for the review.

Indeed they are. If it weren't for their price, and sketchy availability, they would be a much more smoked member of my rotation.

Markel said:
Indeed they are. If it weren't for their price, and sketchy availability, they would be a much more smoked member of my rotation.
Have you tried the 1964 Maduro line? Similar in some ways, but less expensive, and easier to obtain. I do prefer the richer taste of the 1926s, but hey, can't have it all. :)

Yes, they are a fine cigar in and of themselves ... yes the 1926 beats them, but the 1964s are much more affordable and still an excellent stick.

I have never been disappointed with a Padrón yet.

If you do a little digging you can find the #6 for around $12/per.

I seem to be lucky in that my local store always seems to have a good and varied supply of both brands.

I love the 1926 series too , I also find as a cheaper padron..the londres burns real nice in my hands :) those are easy too find as well. Of course, no match for either 64 or 26 series but padron nonetheless.