• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A little age vs. a good crop

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
Hypothetically speaking, which would you prefer. To get a box with a little age on it from '00 or '01 that were supposedly not very good crops but at this point have 3 or 4 years on them; or getting a box from '03 which was a better crop?

ricmac25 said:
Hypothetically speaking, which would you prefer. To get a box with a little age on it from '00 or '01 that were supposedly not very good crops but at this point have 3 or 4 years on them; or getting a box from '03 which was a better crop?
Depends on whether I had other smokes laying around that I could smoke instead, while I let the "good crop" age.

Can't shine a turd. There are good cigars from 00' but some bad ones too. Do your home work and find the good ones.

Emo

I would always take the aged as I don't put a lot of stock in the "good crop" propoganda. I do try and find out if others have had good luck with a particular vitola of the vintage I'm looking at though. There's just no substitute for age.

Me on the other hand, I'd take the good crop. I've had Monte. #2's that were un-freakin-monkey-nuts-believable, and I've had em that were eh, OK.

Just had one last night that was nothing to write home about. Sadly, I'm resigning myself to the fact that this is the case w/ Cubans.

Third world pay for rollers + huge demand + hurry up and pick it mentality = occasional poor construction and poor quality control.

Factor that into the cost...

True, those gat-danged coobans are EXPENSIVE, I mean a box of 25 RASCC's goes for an outrageous cost of $109.00 :0 :0 :0 I just found my abacus and figured that's about $4.36 PER STICK. GEEEEEEEEEEZ, who can afford that ??? :sign:

How much does a box of Opus Fuente Fuente's go for :sign:

That is of course your if local tobacconist will let you buy more than two at a time. :sign:

Hmmm, when I started my post, this part was not there:

The inconsistancies with the Monte #2's is one reason I avoid them. ;)

coventrycat86 said:
True, those gat-danged coobans are EXPENSIVE, I mean a box of 25 RASCC's goes for an outrageous cost of $109.00
Nah, I didn't mean they were expensive, but just that you had to factor in the construction issues and on/off cigars into the costs/frustration of buying Cubans. I agree, many Cubans are great deals, especially because you're not paying import/sales/tobacco tax on 'em.

There are plenty of overpriced Cubans too (Siglo VI comes to mind), but as a whole, there are some great deals.

coventrycat86 said:
How much does a box of Opus Fuente Fuente's go for :sign:

That is of course your if local tobacconist will let you buy more than two at a time. :sign:
I'm not gonna tell you what I paid for a box of Fuente Fuentes -- you'll blow a gasket. ;)

I'm not gonna tell you what I paid for a box of Fuente Fuentes -- you'll blow a gasket. 

LMAO @ Moki!!

At least you can find someone willing to sell you more than two cigars. That has got to be one of the most annoying things about Opus, Anejo, etc. You drive an hour to your shop, find out that they actually have them in stock and then they say "Limit two per customer"

KEEP THE FRIGGIN THINGS :p and where's Ravi? :sign:

Oh one more thing:
There are plenty of overpriced Cubans too (Siglo VI comes to mind),
No argument from me on that one :p

coventrycat86 said:
At least you can find someone willing to sell you more than two cigars. That has got to be one of the most annoying things about Opus, Anejo, etc. You drive an hour to your shop, find out that they actually have them in stock and then they say "Limit two per customer
You're clearly damaged goods, you bitter, bitter man. ;)