• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A little project I'm working on...

That fake listing by Carlito was hilarious!

Andrew.

There is a site http://www.isocigars.com/index.php that I have seen before. I have never had any luck with it. The basic concept is that this site connect B&M's with buyers.

Could you market this to some of the great B&M owners we have here at CP/other sites. It may be a way to put good B&M shop owners in touch with good buyers.

Is there a simple marketing plan, it would seem the more exposure the better for the buyers and sellers?

Other then that question the site is great, I think it functions super smooth and is easy to follow.

Now get on updating VITOLAS :laugh:

Anthem, I checked out the site in question. It looks like a cool idea, but it's a bit different from GarTrader.com I think. The difference is that they are essentially an aggregate buyers service between an individual and a business... an intermediary to find you what you're looking for. Mine is a person to person classified ad listing.

I like their concept. I imagine if it isn't working, it's because they don't have the retailer participation that they were hoping for.

Anthem, I checked out the site in question. It looks like a cool idea, but it's a bit different from GarTrader.com I think. The difference is that they are essentially an aggregate buyers service between an individual and a business... an intermediary to find you what you're looking for. Mine is a person to person classified ad listing.

I like their concept. I imagine if it isn't working, it's because they don't have the retailer participation that they were hoping for.

They asked me...I wasn't too impressed with it, so I declined.

That's about what I figured, Isy. In theory it sounds like a good idea, but it's a little hard to see how retailers would benefit by having to offer the lowest prices around to get a sale.

And since their model appears to be charging retailers for listing.... I guess that it probably isn't very successful.

Looking good as one would expect from you Andrew. Just two things come to mind right off the bat, First you said : -- People who do not have an account on the site can only see your Member Name, First Name, Last Name, and "About Me" text.. I really think that should be limited to only Member Name and "About Me". Second: Like here at CP the For Sale listings should have to include a price.

If I come up with anything else I'll let you know.

OK, I see that pricing is shown once you log in. My bad.

I'm wondering about the fireworks a "bad" seller would generate for you, Andrew (Be it not shipping, or fake OR Anejos). Liability IS on the buyer/sellers, but everyone likes to pass the blame. I think the website will help pair up people for deals, but there will need to be some caution (as with any sale) as users would not have the members of CP looking over their shoulders for shady sales/sellers.

Looking good as one would expect from you Andrew. Just two things come to mind right off the bat, First you said : -- People who do not have an account on the site can only see your Member Name, First Name, Last Name, and "About Me" text.. I really think that should be limited to only Member Name and "About Me". Second: Like here at CP the For Sale listings should have to include a price.

If I come up with anything else I'll let you know.

OK, I see that pricing is shown once you log in. My bad.

I'm wondering about the fireworks a "bad" seller would generate for you, Andrew (Be it not shipping, or fake OR Anejos). Liability IS on the buyer/sellers, but everyone likes to pass the blame. I think the website will help pair up people for deals, but there will need to be some caution (as with any sale) as users would not have the members of CP looking over their shoulders for shady sales/sellers.

See "Terms & Conditions":

http://www.gartrader.com/gt_help

:)

I have to say that the topic names, without reading the explanations are counter intuitive. If it says "want to buy" I assume it's asking me, and thus if I'm looking to buy, I click there. Same with "want to sell", I'd assume that's where I'd click if I wanted to sell.

I have to say that the topic names, without reading the explanations are counter intuitive. If it says "want to buy" I assume it's asking me, and thus if I'm looking to buy, I click there. Same with "want to sell", I'd assume that's where I'd click if I wanted to sell.

I think it's pretty standard in terms of how newspaper classified ads have historically been done, no?

I think it's pretty standard in terms of how newspaper classified ads have historically been done, no?

honestly, I have no idea. Haven't looked at the classifieds since before craigslist and craigslist is clearly a whole different format. I was just going on base intuition of what I read. I saw want to buy and clicked there to see what people were selling because I wanted to buy (didn't pay attention to small print). Maybe something like "For Sale", "Wanted" would clarify things?

Good looking site though.

honestly, I have no idea. Haven't looked at the classifieds since before craigslist and craigslist is clearly a whole different format. I was just going on base intuition of what I read. I saw want to buy and clicked there to see what people were selling because I wanted to buy (didn't pay attention to small print). Maybe something like "For Sale", "Wanted" would clarify things?

Good looking site though.

"Want to Sell" are ads from people who want to sell something. "Want to Buy" are ads from people who want to buy something.

moki I am diggin the site. The chat is a nice touch for sure! Keep up the good work brother!
thumbs-up.gif

Interesting site. Looks like it is already getting some use. Congrats, and good luck with this...I will dig through the site some more and post any suggestions I can come up with.

Andrew...very nice job.

Question, as this is primarily a BUY/SELL marketplace, will the chat function bog that part of the site down if the chat becomes more trafficked that the marketplace?

Just wondering about the nuances of bandwidth.

Andrew...very nice job.

Question, as this is primarily a BUY/SELL marketplace, will the chat function bog that part of the site down if the chat becomes more trafficked that the marketplace?

Just wondering about the nuances of bandwidth.

Nope.