• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A little Staebell maintenance....

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
One of the humidifier fans in my Staebell cabinet started making an amazing amount of racket...... :oops: Nothing to complain about, after ~16 years in a very high humidity environment. +24 volts on these, so I picked up a couple of one of my fave brand DC fans, Jamicon ball bearing fans, which fit perfectly. If you don't want to splice and solder, Bob has your answer. Scrubbed the tanks out, put it all back together with fresh filters and a fresh mix of Ag and distilled water. Fans are almost inaudible, and move a ton of air. Back in business..!!

Your humidor....take good care of it, it'll take good care of you......:cool:

20240303_165108.jpg

20240303_170052.jpg

I keep a couple backups of those guys on hand after one of mine went out some years back (the failure of fan/humidifier 1 actually caused the secondary to kick into overdrive trying to compensate and had the humidor heating up as a result). Definitely worth the peace of mind, you don’t want your collection getting oven baked while you hunt for a replacement.

Yeah I've had to replace the fans in mine before too.

I'm going to have to check mine out a bit more - my RH is running high with the bottom of the cab 5+% higher than the top, where they used to all be within 1% of each other. (I'm using calibrated Govee sensors)

Biggest problem I have with mine is the darn thing is packed, wall to wall, and the airflow is compromised. I've got Govee and Sensor Push in 3 spots through the cabinet to keep an eye on things. It runs surprisingly well, available air flow considered....

Last edited: