• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Milestone Day for a Dad

DesertRat

Perpetual Newbie
Today is a milestone day in this father's life. My oldest son started college this morning. I was beyond proud when he graduated High School since that was an accomplishment that I never enjoyed but something about this morning made me even more proud. I guess it is because not only did he graduate HS but he immediately stepped into college and didn't take the route of getting a job, kicking around, having fun first and putting school in second or third priority.

He wants to be a cop so I'm curious to see how he enjoys his first day of "Administration of Justice".

Anyways, enough tooting my own horn. Have a great day! (I know I am :D)

Congrats on the milestone DesertRat.
I know exactly how you feel.

My oldest is a Sophomore as JMU and my youngest is now a Freshman VT.
I'm now officially an "empty-nester".

Congrats on achieving the empty nest !

Congrats on the milestone! One of the toughest days of my life was when I dropped my oldest (daughter) off at college.

Ken

Much congratulations on the way your son handled his next step in life :thumbs:

Our oldest joined the Air Force in '98 and went as soon as he graduated. My wife cried walking out the airport. The military did well for him. :)

Congrats Danny, what school is he attending and I figure he's thinking Criminal Justice as a major....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Congrats on being a proud dad.

Thats only temporary ;). My generation is fulla boomerang kids! LOL...well, fine, at least I am one. (UGH!)

Congrats Danny, what school is he attending and I figure he's thinking Criminal Justice as a major....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Congrats on being a proud dad.

Thanks.

He is attending our local CC to get his Associates down then looking to transfer to most likely Cal. State Northridge. And yes, he is majoring in "Administration of Justice."