• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A moment of silence please...............

Shadow

That's DON Shadow to you!
I got home this evening and my bride asked me if I wanted a drink. She told me she had fixed Hurricanes so I told her I would have one.

As I'm drinking it I asked my bride what rum she had used to fix it and she replied, "That bottle of El Dorado you had in the bar". :0

I walked in the kitchen and I found the bottle with about three fingers left in it! :(

She couldn't use the freaking bottle of Bacardi that has sat in the bar for four years!

I'm writing this as I slowly sip the remnants of the El Dorado. :(

*bowing head in silence* :(

Silence over bro, that must have been some Fine Fine Hurricanes ;)

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooouch! :(

The name El Dorado has a history in Guyana. Since 1670, over 300 years ago, the rum was named after the city known as El Dorado, the name of an Indian chief who founded the golden city, according to the city's legend. Because of the wealth an traditions of the chief, the name El Dorado has come to mean the best that money can buy. Award-winning El Dorado Rum has adopted the theme "Spirit of Legends" in the same golden rich fashion as the legendary chief, bringing to the consumer the finest quality of rum that money can buy.

:(

Not the best use of a great rum.

Oh well, I'm sure she was just trying to do something special for ya Shadow.

Kinda reminds me of the time my parents came to visit & wanted bloody marys.

Couldn't grab the smirnoff, had to go strait for the grey goose. :(

Anyway, they were good drinks. We had a goodtime :p and did some damage to that bottle ;) .

Brent

Ouch! Sorry to hear Bruddah Bill. I'm sure in a year or two you'll forgive her and let her back in the house... :p

Aloha,

Wade

Being an El Dorado guy, I can certainly relate to your problem.

Of course, she was trying to be nice and fix you something special. . . which she did. :D

Oh well. . . at least your story had a silver lining. . . .I went and locked up all my special stuff so that no one can make that mistake with me. LOL Thanks for the help Bill.

Sorry for your loss.

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

STEVE

It's the thought that counts, Bill........ :sign:

My condolences.. :(

Bill:

Give me a call the next time your having Hurricanes! I can only guess what kind of wine you guys cook with - Lafitte/Rothschild? :D Oh, well. I have never subscribed to the school of thought that you should use an inferior quality of alcohol for making a mixed drink. If you love the taste of alcohol, and I do, the quality of the hooch is almost as important in a mixed drink as in a neat drink.

An El Dorado Hurricane - is that recipe printed on the side of the bottle? LOL! :D :D

That's OK Bill, I've been using HC 15 for my rum and cokes as of late. ;)

Bill:

I am thinking about making a Rob Roy after while. Would you recommend the 18 or 25 year MacCallan? :p :D

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself! :D :sign:

Will

Well. . . In keeping with this thread, I would say use the 25 year old.

:D :D :D

They were excellent Hurricanes! But each time I took a sip I just kept saying to myself, "Couldn't use the Bacardi, could you babe!" :sign: :sign: :sign:

hey,

try Sailor Jerry's.

It is the best that I can get here that doesn't cost my left nut.

:thumbs:

Bill, you really tell who your friends are, come here to try to get a little simpathy ......... fat chance

oh by the way can you pass over another hic hurricane please ;)

Benjie hic V ;)

benjiev said:
oh by the way can you pass over another hic hurricane please ;)

Benjie hic V ;)
They're mine, all mine! :sign: :D