• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A moment of silence/respect please....

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
8 years ago today, everything changed.

Tim

My family and I were talking about 9/11 last night. Still seems unbelievable to this day, and such a fresh memory.

I can still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I realized it wasn't some terrible accident, but rather a despicable act of terrorism.
I'll take a moment to remember the victims, all of their families today, and hope that we never have to live through another 9/11, Beirut, Pearl Harbor, Oklahoma, or the like on our own/foreign soil.

Never forget those who died, never forget those who killed them.

R.I.P.

Remember those who lost their lives. Also remember those who put their lives on the line every day to protect us, both at home and on foreign soil.

Never forget. Said a special prayer for the families of those that lost their lives in the attacks and the rescue.

I stopped over by the WTC site (well as close to it as they would allow you to get) this morning on my way in to work to say a prayer and remember those who lost their lives there 8 years ago today.

Never Forget

I think the word "offensive" gets over-used, and used inappropriately nowadays.

I rarely use the word.

For somebody to go to a movie, for example, and say the language is offensive - is ridiculous in my opinion. Harsh, abrasive, or even vulgar perhaps - but not offensive.

What happened on 9/11/01, however, was indeed offensive.

smiley_salute.gif

It's hard to imagine. 8 years seems to have gone by so fast, yet so much has happened. Our lives carry on, and hopefully so do the memories of those who lost their lives in the events from this day in 2001.

I'm a younger guy on this site, and I was a senior in high school... The teacher's cell phone rang, he kept saying "You're kidding, you're kidding right?". He turned on the TV and the computer screen and there it was. My grandmother was doing some senior citzens tour of the country, so I called home and talk to my mom. I think I called home just to talk to her though. Being in the bible belt buckle of the south, we had a huge prayer meeting at lunch.

The sad part is, I would always as my mother about the US landing the moon... I'm afraid my children will always ask me about 9/11...

I remember the events. I remember where I was and what I was doing and who I was with ...I most remember, even as we later walked outside, the stillness all around.

I remember that even though I was deployed at the time, things would not be the same.....

Tim

I stopped over by the WTC site (well as close to it as they would allow you to get) this morning on my way in to work to say a prayer and remember those who lost their lives there 8 years ago today.

Never Forget

My wife and I went by there about two years ago. Quite a somber mood for sure. So quiet you could hear a pin drop. Amazing to see all of the tears running down faces when everyone was looking at the pictures and reading the plaques.

Firefighter Kevin O'Rourke, F.D.N.Y Rescue 2. Husband, father, and devoted son, Kevin was just 44 years old when he and 6 other members of his company died on September 11, 2001, heroes all.

Rest in peace.

- Tim

Too Many People forget to easily....I'm not one of them.

Never Forget.

Regardless of how many years pass, on September 11th, I will always be the 8th grader sitting in Mrs. Templeton's first period U.S. History class watching CNN and not completely understanding the ramifications of what I was seeing.