• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A mysterious Fuente

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
Got one of these in a trade a while back. Very simple label, no embossing, small in red with gold striping. No country of origin either. Pigtail head, wrapper went over the foot. About panatela or thin, long corona in size.

Wonderful smoke! Multilayered flavor and aroma, perfect draw and burn. I would love to find more of these if someone can enlighten me as to what it is (over and above being a Fuente). And if it's a fake, I'd like to find the faker and congratulate him/her and order some more!

A curly head? Just a guess. But I thought they had the same old Fuente label as everything else.

Pigtail head? Wrapper over the foot?

Sounds like you smoked a Hemingway Signature backwards. :0

FT you have it right. The curlyheads have a plain band on them, not the normal AF style band.

What's the length and ring? It sounds like Bruddah FT got it right... a Curly Head Deluxe.

Wade

I bont know about that. I smoke a really really old Fuente that had a pig tail. It had a plain red band that said Artuo Fuente on it and something else. It had to have been many years old. It was mild and very creamy/flavorfull.

Emo

If it's a curly head then I will definitely plan on scoring some of these. I think that this one had some considerable age on it, with the mottled wrapper color that shows up on older smokes, not the single shade that's seen on new premiums.

Maybe Holt's is offering a five pack of these. Have to check the catalog/site.

Interesting thought that it would be a Curly Head.....has anyone seen a curly head with the wrapper over the foot and a pig tail head? Curly Head would match the band described but not the discription of the cigar given. Now I'm curious......

Curly heads are short/med fillers and it is said to be made from the cuttings of the higher end Fuente line. Good cigar for the price.

Allofus123 said:
Interesting thought that it would be a Curly Head.....has anyone seen a curly head with the wrapper over the foot and a pig tail head?
Yeah...but it's been some years. Not sure if it was a Curly head or not...it was some make shift factory floor clippings Fuente...maybe bruddah Wade was right with the "Deluxe" label. :)

This is the band on the curly heads. I believe they do have a pigtail of sorts and a closed foot.
fuente_special-vi.jpg

Well done Bruddah Matt! Of course you are the CP Curly Head Connoisseur! :0 :thumbs: :love:

Aloha,

Wade

wk-mang said:
Well done Bruddah Matt! Of course you are the CP Curly Head Connoisseur! :0 :thumbs: :love:

Aloha,

Wade
Yeah I understand that you are dumping all of your cigars and buying nothing but Curly Heads. ;) :D

Shadow said:
wk-mang said:

Aloha,

Wade
Yeah I understand that you are dumping all of your cigars and buying nothing but Curly Heads. ;) :D
Yep..something like that.... LMAO!!