• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A new ashtray just completed.

What kind of wood is it?

Really majestic young man!

Dan

Thanks for the kind words ... about my still being a "young man." :p I'm still a man, (I think), but certainly not young!

It's white oak, stained and colored by natural rot and sitting on the ground stuck in the earth attached to the log that I salvaged it from.

Very cool now I understand why you are handyman dave!!

Well folks, I have been talking with Rod about selling these here. He says it is OK with him.

The only problem I see is the notion that we are not to make money off of each other with stuff we sell here. I know there has been some profiteering by some in the past and I want to steer clear of that trap. However, I make my living with my hands. These could be a nice little sideline for me, a profit-making venture, hopefully! But, I need to make a living with the product of my hands. :blush:

To make my shop rate these would have to start about $70 + shipping and for really extraordinary (expensive) material they could easily go significantly over $100. This seems like a good bit of money to me. :0 However, when I see mass-produced ceramic and glass ashtrays selling in this price range and more, it doesn't seem outrageous for a hand-sculpted, one of a kind piece. (At least to my mind.)

I am preparing to make a group of these which then I would offer for sale to whomever is interested, so you would know exactly which one you are buying. I have secured some more "interesting" material that should make some really striking pieces.

So, I am seeking the feeling of the group. Is this appropriate for me to do on CP?

If so should I do it in the BST forum or in the Retailer Forum?

If not, I will go and setup on Ebay. :( I'd rather just offer these here but if necessary I will go there.

I am really enjoying this place and everyone here, and I don't want to f**k it up by doing something that will bring ill-repute or hard feelings. I would rather forgo the small amount of income involved and forget about it rather than screw up relationships here.

Thanks for your input, everyone!

A copy of this is also posted on the other ashtray postings I have here.