• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Nice Little Earthquake

PetersCreek

Codger-in-training
Who needs an alarm clock? The Wife® and I awoke to a smallish 4.89M earthquake at 5:18 this morning. Quakes of this size aren't really a big deal but this one was close and shallow, so it was a fun little ride.

It was what I call a rumble-banger. It started off as a gradually building vibration then right in the middle of it, there was a sharp bang-like tremor...and then it just slowly faded away. What with the pots clanging on the rack still swinging from the ceiling, it was hard to know exactly when it was over.

Here's a link to quake info from the Alaska Earthquake Information Center.

Their maps suck, though, so I Google mapped the earthquake location.

For reference, here's the house in Peters Creek. I'm guesstimatin' that it was about 22 miles SSE of us.

How'd it feel to you, Swissy?

Who needs an alarm clock? The Wife® and I awoke to a smallish 4.89M earthquake at 5:18 this morning. Quakes of this size aren't really a big deal but this one was close and shallow, so it was a fun little ride.

It was what I call a rumble-banger. It started off as a gradually building vibration then right in the middle of it, there was a sharp bang-like tremor...and then it just slowly faded away. What with the pots clanging on the rack still swinging from the ceiling, it was hard to know exactly when it was over.

Here's a link to quake info from the Alaska Earthquake Information Center.

Their maps suck, though, so I Google mapped the earthquake location.

For reference, here's the house in Peters Creek. I'm guesstimatin' that it was about 22 miles SSE of us.

How'd it feel to you, Swissy?

We have these every Saturday night in CT!

...glad you're all ok!

A little excitement eh? Hehe, glad to here all is good though.

Did it happen at the same time as the one in Indonesia?