• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Philosophy of Etiquette

I happen to enjoy the give and take at CP, it's true that the fogs will straighten out a wayward brother, but as far as i can see everyone gets to express their opinion, fogs or newbs. Differences oF opinion make the world go round and at CP it just turns a bit faster, and along the way i've learned a lot. Thank you ROD and all the BOTLS at CP! :D

A newbie's perspective:

I love this place for two reasons. First, there's a wealth of cigar info on here. And second, there's always something interesting, entertaining, or informative on here as well that is not cigar related. Just a couple of days ago I was laughing my ass off to the Ryan's Steakhouse Story. I also like how the newbies are treated on here. I sense that the unspoken motto on here is "don't be a dumbass, and you're cool with us, be a dumbass, and we'll all let you know about it." Anywho, this place reminds me of a sports radio station in Dallas, where they talk about sports about 70 percent of the time, and the rest is fun and shenanagins the rest of the time. I can see, however, that if you are looking for straight cigar talk, then this might not be what you're looking for. Oh well, to each his own.

There are plenty of forums out there which OVER moderate. CP is a place you can go and be treated like an adult. Act like an adult at CP, and you'll be treated like an adult.

The FOGS will often say "fill out your profile", simply to help engage you more in this community. Who knows, one day you might get "bombed".

As far as grammar/spelling, this is a big thing at CP. We're all adults, and as such, let's act like adults. When you click that "Add Reply/Post" button, your message will remain in place for a long time. It's about putting a good image of CP out to everyone. If you were a guest at CP and noticed that everyone is typing in lower case letters (much like they do on the script kiddie forums), would you have joined? I wouldn't.

Let's talk MSRP. You may not think it's important for other's to say "$30 is too much for an Opus X", when in reality, these are the guys who are helping to maintain integrity within the cigar community! We once had a retailer who was posting "specials" in our hot cigar deals forum. Her prices were extremely high. She was called out several times, yet she continued to post and didn't heed anyones advice. That retailer has since been banned. Why? To protect YOU!

I do agree, this is no place to discuss politics. Typically I end threads when people start talking politics. If it remains civil, then I'll let the thread go for a bit. However, it is our policy that politics are not welcome at CP.

Sometimes you'll come across a thread which isn't your cup of tea. My advice is to move on and not read that thread. Sometimes the FOGS here will "take out the trash". Thankfully this hasn't had to happen for awhile, but when it does, it's best to read more and post less, and not get involved.

While we are a cigar community, other topics and discussions will come up. Again, if it's not something you wish to read, it's best to simply skip it and move along.

Overall, I believe we do a very good job in maintaining a CIGAR COMMUNITY.

Welcome to CP!

Rod

What Bob said.

There are plenty of forums out there which OVER moderate. CP is a place you can go and be treated like an adult. Act like an adult at CP, and you'll be treated like an adult.

The FOGS will often say "fill out your profile", simply to help engage you more in this community. Who knows, one day you might get "bombed".

As far as grammar/spelling, this is a big thing at CP. We're all adults, and as such, let's act like adults. When you click that "Add Reply/Post" button, your message will remain in place for a long time. It's about putting a good image of CP out to everyone. If you were a guest at CP and noticed that everyone is typing in lower case letters (much like they do on the script kiddie forums), would you have joined? I wouldn't.

Let's talk MSRP. You may not think it's important for other's to say "$30 is too much for an Opus X", when in reality, these are the guys who are helping to maintain integrity within the cigar community! We once had a retailer who was posting "specials" in our hot cigar deals forum. Her prices were extremely high. She was called out several times, yet she continued to post and didn't heed anyones advice. That retailer has since been banned. Why? To protect YOU!

I do agree, this is no place to discuss politics. Typically I end threads when people start talking politics. If it remains civil, then I'll let the thread go for a bit. However, it is our policy that politics are not welcome at CP.

Sometimes you'll come across a thread which isn't your cup of tea. My advice is to move on and not read that thread. Sometimes the FOGS here will "take out the trash". Thankfully this hasn't had to happen for awhile, but when it does, it's best to read more and post less, and not get involved.

While we are a cigar community, other topics and discussions will come up. Again, if it's not something you wish to read, it's best to simply skip it and move along.

Welcome to CP!

Rod

What Bob said.

Who's Bob?

???

:laugh:

:D

Welcome to CP!

Rod

What Bob said.

Who's Bob?

???

:laugh:

:D

Wait.

I thought is was Rob...

???

For what it's worth, I came on like any BAD entry could be. Posted suspect cubans, and asked questions before searching. Than I post a pic. of a women with flames coming out of her behind. Man did I get the smack down for it, not to mention I spell like a 5th grader and have zero grammar. This I new well before the CP gang let me know.

However, their is so much information about cigars on CP. And while it may have seemed like a witch hunt at first, I understand why today. I post less read more (use spell check A LOT :whistling: )

This is the place to be if cigar smoking is something you love.

However, their is so much information about cigars on CP. And while it may have seemed like a witch hunt at first, I understand why today. I post less read more (use spell check A LOT)

:whistling: Spellcheck can't always save ya! ;)