• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A pleasant surpise....

sonuvabum

Boobies...'cause I likes 'em
I quickly grabbed something on my way out the door to grill some burgers tonight, it was a JR's Ultimate. I didn't know how much time I'd really have to devote so I just kept it simple.

I was very pleasantly surprised. I picked these up a couple of months ago and they have been patiently waiting in my humi for...today, I guess. It was a pack of 5 for about $15 delivered.

JR Ultimate Toro
6X50
Honduran Filler
Dark Brn Oscuro
Conn Broadleaf Wrapper

Linky

Anyway, very nice smoke. Good construction, nice rich dark brown wrapper, good burn, rather mild to start, but a rather bold finish, which I especially like. I nubbed it right down to the finger nails. The only problem I had was very minor. It didn't ash very well, by that I mean it dropped it's ash very easily. This could have been my fault seeing I wasn't working on it consistently at the start because I had several things going on.

JR doesn't market this as a second or a bundle, but it is made for JR by Villazon, the makers of Punch, and Hoyo de Monterrey, some of my favorite smokes. All in all, this was a good smoke. If you factor in the price, it's even better than that. This $3 cigar would easily rival many similar name brand cigars typically sold at twice the price.

I got one of these in the JR Halloween "special" :rolleyes: I got a long narrow one, had to be Cetro or Corona. Anyway, similar experience to yours, very tasty cigar, and though I don't usually nub I smoked this one to the end. I normally don't like Honduran sticks, but this one had alot of flavor.

Yeah, it's on the list now, if I can stop buying Famous Nic 3000's long enough to pick up some other brands. :laugh: