• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A politeful request to Rod and the Admin team of Cigar Pass

I stand corrected on the video herf that has apparently been going on here or there over there for a substantial amount of time. I am not a member there and the only content I've read was the link robbiex0r provided, which gave me no such information. This is Rod's site and he is at liberty to share any information he wants from it. I'm all for sharing information and helping others out, but the line is drawn when you plagiarize work done by someone else. I may have jumped to conclusions before having every piece of information, especially about the video herfing, but based on the large amount of other stolen content I assumed it was also a stolen idea. I'm sure someone in 2003 sat on Skype and talked to someone while smoking a cigar, so I'm not the inventor of the idea. I've attempting searching on their website, and the format is so jacked I was unable to come up with a solid group of data. I still think you're a troll though robbiex0r, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

Thanks gents for enlightening me!

I'm a troll for pointing out you were wrong? Ok, but I'd say you besmirching my name is more akin to trolling.

I'm not making that decision based solely off of this thread. But over a lengthy period of time. I don't wish to derail this thread any further, yes I was wrong about the video herf.

Thanks for being the bigger man CJ.  The same cannot be said for some that have contributed to this thread.  There are still a lot of questions that need to be answered, but it looks like Rod is onto something here.

ilikefishes said:
Thanks for being the bigger man CJ.  The same cannot be said for some that have contributed to this thread.  There are still a lot of questions that need to be answered, but it looks like Rod is onto something here.

I disagree everyone has added value to this except for Gary, but I'm biased! Where is that Admin team when we need it?

So Gary has not contributed?  I am lost here.  He did post a link to what I believe was asked for.  I think that ultimately this is between Rod and the other board/s.  I am not sure what is going on, I checked out Reddit site, but don't know where to find the other site.

There are always 3 sides to every story.  So stay tuned, it will all come out in the wash.

6 guys from one thread.  Holy cow, were they intent on something or what?

I've been in this "hobby" for 13+ years.  We've seen other forums come and go, same ones that stole content from CP.  I do not encourage anyone to retaliate.  They said they would remove the content and rephrase their rules.  I anticipate that they will in fact follow through.  No need for this to continue.  These guys seem more ethical than previous sites who stole content, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.  

Robbie - You're right, I fed links into reddit, much like I feed links into twitter.  I did not give our content away by any means.  Reddit is not even the site in question; it's a forum developed by the moderators of the cigar group on reddit.  The admin PM'd me and stated he would do right.  

There's not a whole lot of substance to that forum anyway. I do enjoy it but the entirety of its content is essentially Liga fever and pictures of sticks received in trade of which I've participated in a couple. The people are nice enough, but that's about all they have going for them. Participated in a premium trade sent a couple Opus as partner had never had any along with a liberty '09 and an isom. In return got a L40 and some CI specials in return. Not that I'm complaining, just the overall attitude over there reeks of inexperience. 

Christo said:
There's not a whole lot of substance to that forum anyway. I do enjoy it but the entirety of its content is essentially Liga fever and pictures of sticks received in trade of which I've participated in a couple. The people are nice enough, but that's about all they have going for them. Participated in a premium trade sent a couple Opus as partner had never had any along with a liberty '09 and an isom. In return got a L40 and some CI specials in return. Not that I'm complaining, just the overall attitude over there reeks of inexperience. 

There are a ton of cigar forums out there, each with it's own look and feel.  Whatever they do works for the people who choose to participate there.  There's really no need to publicly denigrate other forums here IMO.

MoeCizlak said:

There are a ton of cigar forums out there, each with it's own look and feel.  Whatever they do works for the people who choose to participate there.  There's really no need to publicly denigrate other forums here IMO.

Damn Clint did you look that word up? :whistling:

tone-ny said:

I think you'll win something if you explain !  :cool:

tone-ny said:

I had to look that one up...  :laugh:

tone-ny said:

I'm not even going to dignify this with a 'yes". :)

Typically Clint uses it in a sentence like this

"Denigrate big fugging cow appeared out of nowwhere"....

:laugh: , er I mean :angry:

For you newer guys, Frank is writing Chapter One in the book, "How to Get a Bag of Hammers Swung at Me at the QSH".