• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A question...without a humidor

kellyb

I got one ordered from cheaphumidors.com, but its going to be a few days before I get it, then I need to go through the seasoning process. It's going to be a few days before it is ready. I have purchased a few good smokes in the last few days(12 or so). How do you guys keep cigars like I'm talking about for a few days before you get your humidor up and going? I did try to search my problem, and I'm sure there is an answer already given on this topic, but please forgive my searching abilities, but I couldn't find my answer. Thanks, Kelly

Toss those bad boys into a tupperware container, seal it up with a Boveda Humipak or some floral foam with some distilled water in it, and you have your very own "tupperdor." Should be more than fine for your few days wait, in addition to the seasoning time. Best of luck.

A Ziploc bag or a Tupperware container along with one of those little Boveda packs.

A Ziploc bag or a Tupperware container along with one of those little Boveda packs.

I've got them in a ziploc....but didn't order any boveda packs because of my ignorance. Thats why I was asking. Shipping takes a few days....thanks for your help, Kelly

Double bag them.

Put a damp paper towel in the inner bag...;leave that bag unzipped.
ONLY USE DISTILLED WATER.

And make sure it's only DAMP...NOT soaking wet.

That should help a while.

Double bag them.

Put a damp paper towel in the inner bag...;leave that bag unzipped.
ONLY USE DISTILLED WATER.

And make sure it's only DAMP...NOT soaking wet.

That should help a while.

Haven't seen that done in many, many, many years. :whistling: Real old school.

I used a tupperware container with a damp folded paper towel for years. Kept them Garcia y Vegas fresh! :laugh:

~Boar

What's the humidity like in Kansas right now? If its over 70%, I wouldn't worry about them drying out unless you are running the AC in your house.

You could also freeze them to ensure any potential beetle eggs are dead. This takes a few days as well. You'd buy some time while your humi is seasoning....

You could also freeze them to ensure any potential beetle eggs are dead. This takes a few days as well. You'd buy some time while your humi is seasoning....

I gathered from this site that this was considered improper... i.e. refrigerator or freezer.

They must be sealed. The humidity will stay there and they can slowly absorb everything when you slowly warm them up.