• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A really pleasant surprise

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Well 2nd to Lew over at J.R. Cigars, the team over at CI have to be the best spreaders of horse-manure in regards to cigar brands you've never heard of before.

But this time the description is right on the money.

I picked up 4 of the robusto size in a mixed bundle and I have to say, I'll buy these again.

Nice flavor, TONS OF SMOKE and an almost perfect draw. Oh and did I mention they taste really good?

Slightly on the mild side of medium up to the middle and picking up strength and character from there, I nubbed the one I just smoked.

Good cigar for a good price.

You remind me of Mikey of Life cereal.

Interesting, CI exclusive blue label going for almost $4-6 a stick.
Your a brave man to test the unknown. And I thank you for that. :thumbs:

I believe they are made by Gran Habano... a great brand that doesn't have a huge name in the market yet.

What CI has to say:

"Legends Matasa - Blue Label: Manuel Quesada is the legendary hall-of-fame cigar maker responsible for such brands as Fonseca, Cu-Avana, and the original Dominican Romeo y Julieta blend. Yet his CI Legends offering is a marked departure from those milder blends. Utilizing a seriously complex blend of choice Dominican Piloto fillers wrapped in a toothy, chestnut-brown Ecuadorian Sun Grown (ESG) wrapper, Quesada has crafted a blend here that will be cherished by any cigar lover, particuarly veterans looking for complexity. This premium combination of fine tobaccos issues a veritable explosion of cedary flavor right off the bat, accompanied by a touch of natural sweetness from the toothy, elastic ESG wrapper leaf. The mature, round, flavorful smoke stays consistent yet interesting as it burns. Like a cigar safari, it offers exciting developments that keep you wondering what will come next - all the while slowly building towards a robust conclusion, topped off with a definable hint of spice."

I've not had these, just providing more info.

What CI has to say:

"Legends Matasa - Blue Label: Manuel Quesada is the legendary hall-of-fame cigar maker responsible for such brands as Fonseca, Cu-Avana, and the original Dominican Romeo y Julieta blend. Yet his CI Legends offering is a marked departure from those milder blends. Utilizing a seriously complex blend of choice Dominican Piloto fillers wrapped in a toothy, chestnut-brown Ecuadorian Sun Grown (ESG) wrapper, Quesada has crafted a blend here that will be cherished by any cigar lover, particuarly veterans looking for complexity. This premium combination of fine tobaccos issues a veritable explosion of cedary flavor right off the bat, accompanied by a touch of natural sweetness from the toothy, elastic ESG wrapper leaf. The mature, round, flavorful smoke stays consistent yet interesting as it burns. Like a cigar safari, it offers exciting developments that keep you wondering what will come next - all the while slowly building towards a robust conclusion, topped off with a definable hint of spice."

I've not had these, just providing more info.

Wrong Cigar, this isn't a legends.

Oops. I read the thread title completely wrong and missed your link. I wish links were underlined automatically or something. I've been missing a lot of them lately...

:blush:

Carry on, gentlemen. Carry on...

Well 2nd to Lew over at J.R. Cigars, the team over at CI have to be the best spreaders of horse-manure in regards to cigar brands you've never heard of before.

But this time the description is right on the money.

I picked up 4 of the robusto size in a mixed bundle and I have to say, I'll buy these again.

Nice flavor, TONS OF SMOKE and an almost perfect draw. Oh and did I mention they taste really good?

Slightly on the mild side of medium up to the middle and picking up strength and character from there, I nubbed the one I just smoked.

Good cigar for a good price.

I bought a fiver from Cbid at a better price. And I agree about TONS OF SMOKE. It took me by surprise, since the draw was loose.
I'm not a big fan of mild cigars. It reminded me of smoking on straw. Not a bad smoke. I'll put some more down time before I have another.

Not one of the 5 pack I bought, had a loose draw, sorry to hear you had one.

Nor would I say that any of them was too mild (but a loose draw can make any cigar taste like air).

My first box of the Robusto size is one the way even now.

Ironic that a site called Cigars International only ships within America. Odd that.

While on the topic of CI cigars, anyone have experience with the 'Mistakes'? According to the fan mail they are pretty popular but they don't have CI cigars on top25cigar.com.

PS: Anyone know a website that lists what the Churchhill, robosto, Corona, ect look like? I keep seeing these terms and i'm pretty sure they describe the length, width and style of cigar.

While on the topic of CI cigars, anyone have experience with the 'Mistakes'? According to the fan mail they are pretty popular but they don't have CI cigars on top25cigar.com.

PS: Anyone know a website that lists what the Churchhill, robosto, Corona, ect look like? I keep seeing these terms and i'm pretty sure they describe the length, width and style of cigar.

Scroll down and this will get you started.

Lots of info on the other pages too. That work was done by Moki, one of the members here.

Dan

Hah, yeah, I'm always wondering about the Mistakes, too. All the "Fan Mail" on CI says that they're awesome. xD

Scroll down and this will get you started.

Lots of info on the other pages too. That work was done by Moki, one of the members here.

Dan

Hey thanks for the info.

On the mistakes, i might make a new topic since i dunno how many people will read down this topic.

I had 2 more this weekend.

They remind me of CAO black. Needless to say, I am very pleased with them.
Good smoke, cheap price.

I wish I could try them. I got some in a sampler and I tried smoking 3 of them and they all immediately unraveled on me. Instantly unsmokable. I must have gotten a bad batch. I've got a couple left, I'll probably try again in a few months.

Brown

I got a fiver of these in a sampler from CI, if I remember correctly, they were the torpedo. I had the same problem of the draw being overly loose, like there was no resistance at all. There was tons of smoke however. I gave the rest to friends. Good to hear that the robusto doesn't have this problem, perhaps some will have to be obtained...

Bringing this one back up. I had one of these (torpedo) on the 4th from a sampler after I was a few hours into drinking. I recall finding it quite tasty and it definitely made me take note near the end that it did have some strength (for me atleast not a heavy hitter). I was thinking about picking some more of these up but didn't know how well I should trust the fuzzy memory. Looks like atleast a few folks agree. :thumbs: