• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A slimmer verison of CP

*sigh*

I run around 275-290, varying, at 6'2" . . . fortunately, I have a 54" chest and 20" biceps.

Unfortunately, I also measure around 49" around the navel and have no thyroid gland. Having it out (tumors and cysts, major bad imminent death juju) made a new man out of me, but the first thing the new man wanted was to be about a hundred pounds bigger. :blush:

One thing I've learned in keeping my weight steady, is to eat until I'm not hungry instead of until I feel full. Used to be good for seconds and thirds at the buffet or bbq or holidays, now one plate and I'm done. And I tend to stop eating carbs after lunch; dinner is usually a steak and salad, or meat and steamed/braised veggies.

Hardest part was when my endocrinologist told me I needed to "start going for walks." Walks? I've been a gym rat my whole life and was a 10K runner/century rider until my kneecaps went. Now I'm supposed to walk the dog and garden . . . old man exercises! :rolleyes:

But the more you move, and stretch, and breathe . . . the better life is. I drink Scotch and bourbon instead of beer (fewer carbs) and if I'm not going to be doing anything physical, have a snack instead of a meal. Being on Synthroid, I'm lucky to lose a pound a month and consider it a victory if I just don't GAIN any weight.

~Boar

I drink Scotch and bourbon instead of beer (fewer carbs)
~Boar

As much as I hate to say it, this has been a central truth in my previous marathon training....it really does help. I am still waiting for Breedy to post which 10k we are going to run!!!

I drink Scotch and bourbon instead of beer (fewer carbs)
~Boar

As much as I hate to say it, this has been a central truth in my previous marathon training....it really does help. I am still waiting for Breedy to post which 10k we are going to run!!!

I picked that up from the South Beach Diet a few years back (9 months of it + intensive circuit training and heavy weights and I lost a whole 12 lbs . . . *sigh*) which said if you're going to drink, drink hard liquor.

Yeah . . . MAJOR hardship! :laugh:

~Boar