• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Time to Remember

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
Well, the title of the thread is aptly chosen as it is a reflection on when I bought my first boxes of cigars, as well as my current humidor. I had started off with a small, cheap 25 count one from Fincks that never really had more than ten cigars in it, none of which were really all that great. I was still weaving my way through the beginning of this amazing gem of enjoyment, and after a while I had finally figured out what I liked, didn't liked, and couldn't live without! I finally saved up the money needed to buy a decent sized humidor (or so I thought, you are all terrible influences already...), a couple of boxes of my favorite smokes from Best Cigar Prices, and a few samplers from Thompson that had a variety of great cigars. I was still under budget on my purchase by that time, so I managed to squeeze in a Cigar Oasis humidifier to top it off! I was set! Well, I ordered everything up, and began the long wait for the brown truck to show up at my door. After a few days had passed, I started feeling a bit under the weather while at work, but I waved it off as just a small cold. Well, after two days of feeling "mildly ill", I had progressed into full blown bronchitis, and then walking pneumonia! As that good old gent Murphy would have it, the brown truck showed up the day I was diagnosed with pneumonia, and told very, very sternly by my amazingly good looking doctor (my normal doc wasn't there, boy was I glad!) to STAY AWAY from smoking. Great. So, I figured all I could do at this point was to tend my wounded heart and season my humidor.

Hello beautiful:

DSC00658.jpg

Big Boy Humidor, 125ct:

DSC00660.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

The Bounty:

DSC00669.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

I placed all of those beautiful sticks in a couple of ziplock bags with blocks of floral foam, and began seasoning the humidor. I went through the usual steps, and after wiping it down inside, I placed the Cigar Oasis inside and set it at 70%. After a few days, it had settled out to a normal level, so I filled the sucker up with all of those sticks, and my oh my was it a beautiful sight. I didn't want to touch them, but at the same time I wanted to smoke all of them! How do you guys do it!?

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

So there you have it, my first real humidor and my first boxes! It was a good day when it all came together, and it was a better day when I fired up that first smoke! Those CAO Cameroons have been sitting in the humidor for about eight months now, and it is amazing how much they have changed in flavor in that short time. The Rare Corojos are as good as ever, though, and still remain my all time favorite.

Nicely done!
Good choices to start up with.
The humi is great too.
But I think you need a bigger humi already :whistling:

Looking good. Looks like a display case in a candy store. :p

Thanks! That's how it feels when trying to select a stick...like a kid in a candy store who isn't sure what he wants, because it all looks so damn good! :D

Thanks! That's how it feels when trying to select a stick...like a kid in a candy store who isn't sure what he wants, because it all looks so damn good! :D

We all know the feeling but just wait another six months to a year and see how hard it is when you have 300+ sticks to choose from. But at the very same time that is the fun of all this!

Looks like you already ran out of room... that tends to happen when you hang around with the characters on this forum. :p

Looks like you already ran out of room... that tends to happen when you hang around with the characters on this forum. :p

All too true, I was just sitting here thinking, "You know, that igloodor sounds like a good way to make some more room..."