• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A trip down memory lane...

Man.........I think I knew all of them........Cant anyone out there invent an anti aging pill........I remember when I was 15 or so my mother saying to me you think your never going to get old.......I smiled and said nope..........Well 32 years later she was right... :angry:

Bob

What is it?

Peggy on the fly? Do kids still play that?

It was basicly hit and catch. It was was 2 or more players. The batter would hit the ball in the air toward the other player/players. The object would be to catch it before it hit the ground. It was good flyball practice when you were young. The scoring would be you had to catch a certain number before you could hit. It was fun because 2 could play, no need for a pitcher.

Where the name Peggy on the fly came from is anyones guess.

What is it?

It was basicly hit and catch. It was was 2 or more players. The batter would hit the ball in the air toward the other player/players. The object would be to catch it before it hit the ground. It was good flyball practice when you were young. The scoring would be you had to catch a certain number before you could hit. It was fun because 2 could play, no need for a pitcher.

We called it "500". Each caught fly was worth 100 pts. First to catch 5 flys got to bat.

Doc.

As a youngin' here, I really appreciate these threads. I love to here people talk about their throwback days. Thanks for sharing you memories with us.

What is it?

We called it "500". Each caught fly was worth 100 pts. First to catch 5 flys got to bat.

Doc.

One bounce was fifty and grounders were 25.

I remember 20 out of 25. I guess I'm older than dirt.