• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A work in progress

Kosmo

Little something that my roommate and I are working on. We've been saving our bands since September of last year and finally decided to do something with them. Image quality isn't that great but I'm sure y'all will be able to recognize quite a few of the bands.

S1050091.jpg

Thats awesome, a buddy of mine from here EricDriscoll's wife is doing the same thing with antique furniture. It looks incredible. Its a great idea. What exactly is that your working on, some type of poster?

Here's a picture of one I started last summer. I worked on it for one afternoon and its been sitting behind a table in the office ever since. I always thought it would look nice finished with a frame on it or something, or better yet, in a nice smoking room.

IMG_2990.jpg

mac

This is a great idea and what you've done so far looks great!

Several years ago, I saw some glass dishes/plates at an antique mall that had cigar bands applied to the underside so that they were seen from the top. They appeared to be older bands so I think they were definitely antiques. Foolishly I didn't buy one at the time but the idea stuck with me and I've beens saving most of my bands since then to do a similar project.

Thats awesome, a buddy of mine from here EricDriscoll's wife is doing the same thing with antique furniture. It looks incredible. Its a great idea. What exactly is that your working on, some type of poster?

Yep, it's a poster. I bought a cheap frame that had the cardboard backing included at Wal-Mart, and I'm just using rubber cement to apply the bands directly onto the cardboard.

Thats cool..... I am saving mine to do a bar top some day. Kind of like when you go to sports bars and there are baseball, football, basketball, etc cards on the bar top under the varnish. I wanna have my bands on my bar top..... Just gotta build the bar first!

I added a couple dozen more labels to it yesterday:

downsized_0803081132.jpg

0803081132a.jpg

downsized_0803081132b.jpg

Sweet job mate. I am doing the same sort of thing as a title page for my cigar journal.