• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aberlour 15 yo Sherry Wood Finish Scotch

Yep the 16 is the new 15 although I don't think it is quite as good. Real close though and certainly better then the 12 but the price of the 16 is A LOT more then the old 15.

I found a bottle of the 12 this weekend and bought it for my birthday. I really enjoyed it and found it fairly complex in my limited exposure to good Scotches. How much better is the 15 than the 12?

A LOT better but damn near impossible to find now.

Yep the 16 is the new 15 although I don't think it is quite as good. Real close though and certainly better then the 12 but the price of the 16 is A LOT more then the old 15.

I found a bottle of the 12 this weekend and bought it for my birthday. I really enjoyed it and found it fairly complex in my limited exposure to good Scotches. How much better is the 15 than the 12?

I picked up a bottle of the 15 Sherry finish last night. All i can say is I was really blown away by how good it was for a 15. Very complex with not much alcohol in the way. It was clean and opened up tremendously with 2 cubes and a drop of water. I definately agree that there was something minty on the finish, but not exactly "mint", but very clean.

Price paid for the 15 was $59.00 and was pretty cool to blow the dust off the top of the box, I know that it was on the shelf for a couple of years.

Always good to see the old reviews still having some worth. Nice find.

Recently finished my second bottle of Aberlour 12 . . . loved it. Scotch candy! Sherry sweet but not cloying, smooth and full-bodied. $35 here, which makes it a fantastic bargain---as satisfying and drinkable as Balvenie DW at nearly $10 less.

~Boar

I FINALLY got another bottle of the 15 for 30euro....got lucky at the auction. This expression is my fav, it has a really clean finish that the other expressions don't.